lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2016, 10:51 PM   #11
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Found this and it really doesn't make sense...

https://no.co/support/g1100-understa...the-charge-led

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 12 Volt Accessory battery

There are three types of battery voltage readings and they all have different meaning and uses.

1. At-Rest: Taken 12-24 hours after charging ceases, or about 1 Hr after discharging ceases.

This is the only one used for SoC estimates.

2. On-Charge: Taken while the battery is being charged.

Used for troubleshooting battery and charger issues.

3. Under-Load: Taken while amps are being drawn from battery.

Used for troubleshooting battery pack and cart drive system issues.

With an On-Charge voltage of 13.35V, your charger is telling you that it thinks that 50% of the charge cycle is completed. Has nothing to do with SoC.

I have no hard data for Duracell deep-cycle AGM batteries, but here are the AGM charge recommendations published by Trojan in their 2015 User Guide, which ought to be fairly close.

Looks like the max recommended charger amps is 20% of the storage capacity at the 20hr rate, or 7A. (35Ah X 20%)

Also looks like the On-Charge voltage ought to climb to about 14.7V at the end of the charge cycle and your battery was at 13.35V, so it still had a ways to go. Let the charger run until is shuts off or says 100%.

As for going to a higher amp charger, assuming the NoCo charger is working properly, about the only difference will be shorter charging times.

I use little brothers of the DPI Accusense charger to keep the batteries in my riding mower and my back-up automobile fully charged while they aren't being used. (Like their big brothers, they float charge after the regular cycle ends) https://dpipower.com/store/6-12-12-v...0-volt-ac.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AGM charging - 2015 Trojan user guide.jpg (125.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 12 Volt Accessory battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsmith521 View Post
Found this and it really doesn't make sense...

https://no.co/support/g1100-understa...the-charge-led

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
According the the G1100 user guide (attached), The various % of charge complete LEDs do indicated the SoC of the battery being charged. But it is being determined by the On-Charge voltage rather than the At-Rest voltage.

I also found that the typical charge time for a 40AH battery that had been discharged to 50% is 18.2 Hrs, so it would be roughly 16 Hrs for a 35AH battery. If the battery wasn't discharged as deeply, the charge time would be shorter.

Plus, it appears that it has a maintenance mode and if the At-Rest voltage drops below a predetermined voltage (whose value is not given), it initiated a new charge cycle.

Just connect the G1100 and let it run. If it doesn't get to 100% in the time allowed for cart battery charging, go to the G3500 or G7200.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf g1100-user-guide.pdf (201.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO