lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery desulfator

I was wondering if any one has heard of or tried the desulfator on there Batteries. I discovered the desulfator when i was doing some reserch on solar power. They are suppost to make your batteries last longer by sending electrical pulses into the batt. to break down the build up on the plates.I personley haven't tried one yet but would like to.
crosswired is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery desulfator

The battery makes electricity by a process that desolves the lead over a period of time....this is a difficult process to reverse
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Acording to what I have read the desulfator breaks down the sulfur that builds up on the plates from charging and discharging. The sulfur that is in the Batt. makes the plates touch each other after a while causing them to short each other out. Cleaning the deposit off extends the life of the Batt since the plates arn't shorted .
crosswired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Correct, but these devices will not recover a shorted cell. Once a cell is shorted the battery is toast.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This subject will always bring up a good debate. I don't recall ever hearing anyone purchasing one and posting their results?

Anyone??

I'll remain silent on my opinions...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I know it'll surprise all you guys, but I actually think I remember a thread a guy started that tried this with his batts. Going on memory it seems like he thought it worked at first but he never followed up with a report. Anyone else remember this thread....
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:18 PM   #7
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

I have one, been unhooked for awhile, got tired of charging my cart all the time. It was running the batteries down a lot quicker then it used to. i would be willing to run a test as i have been thinking about hooking it back up again. How would you do it to get correct results? Charge batteries,take readings, hook up desulfater, run cart, charge it, take readings? leave desulfater hooked up. Maybe do this over a 30 to 90 day period and see if there is any improvement? If there is any interest i could go to CC elec. and start a post.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
str8shooter
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Battery desulfator

Hello all,

I've just joined, saw this thread and wanted to post my experience with this product.
About two months ago, I could only get 9 or 10 holes in on our local goat-track and the charge left would just get me back up my driveway. I was ready to replace the batteries when I saw this ad that said I could renew them. I ordered the powder, mixed it with distilled water, added it to my batteries and have seen my run time go from 9 or 10 holes to a full 36. It may not work with every battery, and I don't know how long I can expect this to last, but the idea seems sound and it sure saved me a bundle - at least for now!

Great site guys,
Str8shooter
str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Str8shooter, please come back in 6 months and give a report on your freshened cells. No one has done it yet.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #10
str8shooter
Not Yet Wild

Hey Gornoman,

I will do that. I was a real doubting Thomas at the start and only tried this as a last resort figuring the batteries would need to be replaced anyway so how could I make it worse!

I have another issue that has just come up. I blew out the outer rear axle bearing on my 91 EZBeater and when I pulled the axle, the bearing seperated with the inner ring coming out with the axle and the outer part staying in the axle (all the bearings just fell out) and now I am having an ex-wife of a time getting the outer ring out of the axle. Any suggestions? A friend said to cut it out with a chisel but I worry about nicking or otherwise damaging the case.

str8shooter
str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO