lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Battery desulfator

Started out thinking you were a golf course, then a shop for resale, get to the bottom and what? it's a sales pitch....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 AM   #22
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Started out thinking you were a golf course, then a shop for resale, get to the bottom and what? it's a sales pitch....
Not a sales pitch!!!! You guys asked for information about de-sulphation. How can I sell the product to you guys in the US when I am in the UK.
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #23
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I to have a budy that say's he can drain batt. and chemicaly clean plates and refill ses it will referbish batt. allmost good as new. but batt. is for the boat not cart. but for 25.00 bucks it's worth a try. I'll keep posted this summer.
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #24
BSchlossmann
Not Yet Wild

On my cart I didn't drain the batteries. I removed the electrolyte down to the top of the plates and then added a measured amount of the EDTA in solution to each cell. It reacted immediately with the battery acid and reverted back to a salt. I used the battery filler bulb several times in an attempt in circulate the solution in each cell. Charged the batteries, and over time they seemed to improve. I also used the remainder of the ETDA solution when topping off the batteries. I figured for $16, on batteries that are now 7 years old, that I had nothing to loose. Using epsom salt in place of EDTA that can be purchased at Walgreen's or Walmart would be a cheaper alternative.

I did come across a procedure where you drain the acid completely out of the batteries, followed by flushing several times with distilled water before adding a very warm EDTA solution and then charging the batteries, Followed by a another complete drain and flush before adding fresh electrolyte and charging. Seemed like a lot of work.

I have also read that using EDTA will lower a little the specific gravity on the batteries.
BSchlossmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #25
TejasStar
Not Yet Wild

I have used the little $40 12 volt Battery Minder on my cousin's old twin 6 volt tractor batteries with good results. We ran the charger in desulfate mode for a couple of weeks and he got an extra year out of the batteries. I've increased the life on a few other batteries that would otherwise not take a charge.

I am now debating buying Battery Minder's 48 volt on-board unit, but am surprised that there is not a peep about it or the charger on any of the boards or internet, good or bad. I may have to be a guinea pig and spend $70 to try it.

How many years will this experiment take?
TejasStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #26
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

What I dont understand is that if I was a marketing agent for one of these products, I would have a team going out to every golf car dealer accross the country showing them that their product works. I have asked these companies to show me that they work and if they did I would buy a 100 of them. None have ever taken me up on my offer. Ive seen them all, from liquids to chargers. Seems you get a better battery for a short time, then it falls back to its original condidtion. Theres a new charger out thats suppose to be a miracal worker on batteries, problem is it costs $1500.00.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #27
WhyFlare
Not Yet Wild

Well does the de sulfators work? I have a 48v Club Car with one 12 v batt reading only 10.5v. Im trying the Epsom Salt additive today. Also ordered a desulfator with a small solar panel of Ebay. 39.00.
WhyFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #28
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyFlare View Post
Well does the de sulfators work? I have a 48v Club Car with one 12 v batt reading only 10.5v. Im trying the Epsom Salt additive today. Also ordered a desulfator with a small solar panel of Ebay. 39.00.
They only help sound batteries that just now take longer to charge yet discharge faster due to sulfation.

10.5v after being fully charged typically is a DEAD cell which makes it an UNsound battery.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO