lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

Default Body Options?

I am trying to figure out if the body is with filling some S rates and having it painted or just buy a new body? I've seen new bodies for $560. Weeks like it would cost at least that to have the old one painted. Any opinions?
Twizted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Body Options?

Also thought of having it wrapped. But they want around $1k to do a custom wrap.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like 6 of one, half dozen of the other. If your body is in good shape, get it painted to your preference of color. You may want to check around for prices. There are a couple shops around here that will paint for $300-350 if no bodywork is required. You could also try to rattle can it or use the Plasti Dip stuff.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

I'll have to look into the plastidip. There are people who have tried that? Of course I've seen it done on tons of stuff.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
Joelwdryden
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Plastidip doesn't cover imperfections, you'll need to do that with prep. That being said, there is a slight amount of thickness to it, so it will cover some stuff, just not gouged spots. Best thing about it is ease of use and follow up use if needed. If you ever get tired of it, peel it off. I've had it on my truck wheels for four years and it's held up fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joelwdryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelwdryden View Post
Plastidip doesn't cover imperfections, you'll need to do that with prep. That being said, there is a slight amount of thickness to it, so it will cover some stuff, just not gouged spots. Best thing about it is ease of use and follow up use if needed. If you ever get tired of it, peel it off. I've had it on my truck wheels for four years and it's held up fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I worry about. Scratching off easy or not holding up at all. But the more I read about it, the more I like the idea.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The last three builds that I have done, I've went with the double take bodies. They are easy to change and much easier than painting, and not much different in price.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #8
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

Those do look nice. Thanks for sharing.

If I decided to do some body work, anyone have a putty preference for plastic?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO