lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car precedent brake problem

The star adjustment on the hub itself will help ensure both brakes are working and not just 1 side.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2017, 11:55 PM   #12
trippyork
Not Yet Wild

Still do not work that well. I took hub off and manually backed screw out to where the hub just barely cleared the pads. Will they auto adjust after time?
trippyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Can you take a picture of your brake shoes? I want to make sure they're installed correctly. Also, make sure the self-adjuster is retracting all the way back after you've released the pedal. Often, people will over-adjust the brakes and it keeps the self adjuster from working. This will result in your symptoms.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:23 PM   #14
4wilsons
Not Yet Wild

Did you remove the brake cable bracket that's mounted on drivers side frame? On my 6" I had to remove that from the stud to give cable more slack
4wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #15
Safyou
Not Yet Wild

Same problem here. Linkage has no play in the pedal and the right amount of travel. I can push hard on it and it doesn't bottom out which makes me think the linkage is ok to the drums. (I actually installed a new bracket so the line on the clutch side doesn't rub into it and though that might eliminate some of the problem) I cleaned the drums and pads again after installing new pads a few months ago with no improvement. It has to be the adjustment inside the drum but I can't seem to get it to adjust properly. It does brake but way slower than I think it should. It parks when the brake is locked but you can still roll it if you push hard enough.
Safyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #16
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can also make sure that the cables are free and not binding internally. I have run into this problem when brakes weren't working properly. I had done everything described above, but it was the cables. Just a thought.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #17
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
You can also make sure that the cables are free and not binding internally. I have run into this problem when brakes weren't working properly. I had done everything described above, but it was the cables. Just a thought.
He replaced both sides with passenger side cables.
Quote:
So I bought 2 new passenger side cables and replaced both sides.
If the brakes were functioning properly before the lift, something is not adjusted correctly.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car