lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
Gnaitbait
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Does a club car come with limited slip reared?

What kind of rearend normally comes in a club car? My cart is a 2004 dsIQ 48volt Ds. Does just one wheel pull or does both rears pull, and also if used for hunting is just one wheel pulling enough over semi rough terrain. I have a lifted cart with stock 3.1 hp clubcar motor, and swamp fox 23" tires.Thanks in advance for the responses, New Cart and New guy. Just learning.
Gnaitbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Does a club car come with limited slip reared?

Club Cars have regular open differentials. It doesn't damage the turf near as bad as a limited slip differential would.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Nope, I want to purchase one for mine. One of these days, I'll have it in the woods on a hunting lease. I could use one now for some of the terrain that I encounter shooting Sporting Clays...
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:52 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Club Car had the IntelliLok for a short period of time, but it was discontinued due to all the problems we experienced with it. It was very noisy and if you applied any more power to it than stock it would wear out prematurely and start to slip. 75% of the ones I installed chattered like crazy. It would drive you nuts.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Club Car had the IntelliLok for a short period of time, but it was discontinued due to all the problems we experienced with it. It was very noisy and if you applied any more power to it than stock it would wear out prematurely and start to slip. 75% of the ones I installed chattered like crazy. It would drive you nuts.
The limited slip rear ends that I used to deal with in my trucks took a special additive package to keep them from chattering.
I know, I replaced the rear end oil once without the additive and it started chattering/pop within the first 100 miles or so on turns. I dumped the oil and started over with the correct oil and additive and problem solved..

These rear ends can't be rebuilt like the automotive type by replacing clutch packs and springs?
Old 05-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
The limited slip rear ends that I used to deal with in my trucks took a special additive package to keep them from chattering.

I know, I replaced the rear end oil once without the additive and it started chattering/pop within the first 100 miles or so on turns. I dumped the oil and started over.

These rear ends can't be rebuilt like the automotive type by replacing clutch packs and springs?

I tried every additive available. Helped a little but still never resolved the problem. There are no limited slip parts available anymore. The factory carrier doesn't have clutches or springs in it so you can't turn it into a limited slip unless you replace the carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #7
Gnaitbait
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok guys, thanks for the input on that issue. So are the buggies seen out in the woods running through the mud able to do this with just a lift kit and high torque motor and controller? I know I have seen some info on electric individual hubs and is that the way they are accomplishing this? I Do not mean to sound cocky just learning here. Also do the individual electric hubs make a noise while engaged as I am trying to be silent while hunting. I have a stock club car motor 3.1 hp and a stock Curtis controller 1510-5201. I am not really looking for speed as much as torque. I am sure that as I spend time with this cart that I will be looking for upgraded motor and controller.
Gnaitbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

They do have 4 wheel drive kits available, in my expierence due to the high torque and mud tires they do decent. You also often have to have decent speed entering the area to make it through, otherwise you mount a winch up front and pull yourself out.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #9
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
They do have 4 wheel drive kits available, in my expierence due to the high torque and mud tires they do decent. You also often have to have decent speed entering the area to make it through, otherwise you mount a winch up front and pull yourself out.
The winch is a better option for me.

LOL, reminded me of something one of my Techs emailed me one time about a crane winch that needed to be replaced. He said that he needed to replace the wench on the crane.
I answered him back stating that if they had a wench offshore, I'm sure she needs to be changed out.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #10
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

weld it :D
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car