lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Default Batteries still good

Last August I purchased a park model trailer that came with a 96 DS (A96xx). I only had two days to use it before putting everything away for the winter. The charger would not come on and the batteries were very low. Did not have any tools other than a crescent wrench or my meter with me. The neighbor told me the previous owner was having trouble with it holding a charge. Batteries are dater April 10. I was able to disconnect main ppositive and negative cables before leaving. I put the cover on and left, expecting to replace the batteries this spring. I arrived on Monday and started looking for the best price on batteries. I put my meter on the pack and it had a 44.6 volt reading. This is without charging at all. I removed the cables and found that they had all been installed with grease in the connections. I cleaned all the grease off and used emery cloth on all the wire ends and the battery terminals. I put it back together, plugged in the charger and it began charging. After the first 24 hr charge, it read 50.5 volts. I started the charger again and the next day it read 51.4 volts. I took it for a drive about one mile and afterwards I had 51.3 volts. Put it on charger again and it had 52.3 volts. It has been raining for the last two days so I have not used it but it still reads 51.8 volts (one and half days off charger. Just plugged it back in again. I don't believe these batteries. 7 years and still take a charge. They are a private label made by crown. If it stops raining, I will run it for a while and see how they discharge. In the meantime, I will just keep smiling.😀😀😀😀😀
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries still good

Sounds like you received a nice gift....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car