lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
rotus623
Not Yet Wild

Default '07 Club Car acting up

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine just bought an (Sorry its an '06) with a sepex motor. It has 4 12v batteries, which I think is stock. He noticed that he had to floor the pedal down for the cart to go. Other than that it was working fine.

Then he put a lift kit in it and now when he hits the pedal the solenoid will engage, wheels turn for a split second, and the solenoid disengages. Even in R it does the same thing, and the wheels still spin forward for a split second before the solenoid disengages.

I checked the solenoid "trigger" leads, and they get 51v for a split second and then nothing. That tells me the issue is pre-solenoid. We checked the three wire plug coming from the FNR switch, and they are responding accordingly. We also checked the resistance at the pedal switch and it is changing from 1200ohms, to closed when the pedal is depressed fully. The reading stays closed while the pedal is down, even after the solenoid disengages, so I am thinking that the pedal switch is not the culprit.

I am leaning towards controller, but was wondering if there way anything else that I could check before changing out parts.

Any help will be much appreciated!!
rotus623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
rotus623
Not Yet Wild

So serial number starts with AQ. I am getting DS cart with Curtis IQ computer
Old 06-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '07 Club Car acting up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotus623 View Post
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine just bought an (Sorry its an '06) with a sepex motor. It has 4 12v batteries, which I think is stock. He noticed that he had to floor the pedal down for the cart to go. Other than that it was working fine.

Then he put a lift kit in it and now when he hits the pedal the solenoid will engage, wheels turn for a split second, and the solenoid disengages. Even in R it does the same thing, and the wheels still spin forward for a split second before the solenoid disengages.

I checked the solenoid "trigger" leads, and they get 51v for a split second and then nothing. That tells me the issue is pre-solenoid. We checked the three wire plug coming from the FNR switch, and they are responding accordingly. We also checked the resistance at the pedal switch and it is changing from 1200ohms, to open when the pedal is depressed fully. The reading stays open while the pedal is down, even after the solenoid disengages, so I am thinking that the pedal switch is not the culprit.

I am leaning towards controller, but was wondering if there way anything else that I could check before changing out parts.

Any help will be much appreciated!!
If You were measuring from the Yellow to Purple wires at the MCOR, the resistance should vary from approximately 1000Ω to 6500Ω.

You should never get Open Line (0L) on your meter.

If You are really getting Open Line, then that is Your problem, replace the MCOR.

You can use the wiring diagram below for reference:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ring_small.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
rotus623
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You were measuring from the Yellow to Purple wires at the MCOR, the resistance should vary from approximately 1000Ω to 6500Ω.

You should never get Open Line (0L) on your meter.

If You are really getting Open Line, then that is Your problem, replace the MCOR.

You can use the wiring diagram below for reference:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ring_small.jpg
Sergio,
I have no understanding of the internal circuitry of the MCOR. I think we were measuring the top two leads (of the box itself) which are blue and green. It would fluctuate between 12000 ohms and continuous. I said open mistakenly, it was a closed circuit as my meter was buzzing at me.

If we were to measure from the yellow and purple leads would it have to be to the box itself, or pierced into the wires while they are connected?

Thanks for the wiring diagram!!
Old 06-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
rotus623
Not Yet Wild

Also is there a way to adjust the pedal so that it engages sooner? You have to push it down quite a bit before it moves the actuator.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'm assuming it's a DS? How far do you have to move the pedal to make the MCOR "Click"? You should only have 1.5" or so of pedal travel before it clicks. If you have more, the pedal linkage may be worn. Lots of people have successfully shimmed the drive bar and taken the slop out of it, but if it's bad enough, the parts need to be replaced. The parts in question would be two accelerator bracket and bearing assemblies and one pivot rod. I still think you have an MCOR problem as well. It should not begin to move until the microswitch clicks. I'm thinking you may have an issue where the MCOR is out of range and applying too much throttle in the small portion of range the MCOR has before it actually clicks on. There is enough voltage that bleeds through the pre-charge resistor to allow the cart to move a few inches, even before solenoid engagement. If you replaced the pedal linkage parts I mentioned and replaced the old MCOR with an AM293101 MCOR4 conversion kit, I feel pretty confident that your problems would go away.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
rotus623
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks. Where can I get the AM293101 MCOR4 kit? When I put that number in I get '01-'04 DS, but this cart is an '06 DS
Old 06-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Where to get the MCOR kit?
That's EASY!!
The man giving you advice is the legend himself, Mr Dave from Revolution Golf Cars.
Go here:
http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors

The kit you need is on that page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #9
rotus623
Not Yet Wild

Sweet, thanks mang!!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #10
rotus623
Not Yet Wild

Ok update fellas. Buddy went to pull the controller to send it to get checked, and it had a few wires loose. Must've knocked em loose when putting the lift kit in. Crisis averted. Thanks for all the help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car