lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #1
rccolt.45
Not Yet Wild

Default Boot on steering gear

Hi guys,

Just got a 1993 CLub Car DS - electric. I noticed that the drivers side rubber boot on the steering gear is ripped. I understand that I can replace the boot but was wondering if I should replace the entire steering gear.

The steering seems fine but then again this is my first cart. I do notice that the steering wheel is out of alignment with the front wheels.

So what do you guy think - replace to be safe or if it ain't broke ....?
rccolt.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Boot on steering gear

If you can replace the boot then I would do that.

As far as aligning the steering wheel, it is really easy. Just jack it up, put stands under it, crawl underneath the passenger side and look up and on the assembly and you will see the adjustment. Break the lock nut loose and adjust the threaded shaft (Don't accidentally grab the tie rod end!). You may to do it a couple of times till you drive it and get the wheel right where you want it.

There are videos on youtube if you are concerned.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
medicaid832
Not Yet Wild

I have a 91 and am glad to see someone else on here has the same cart as me. I purchased mine completely disassembled and have no idea what I'm doing. I am going to go through and order every piece of rubber that is on there and replace it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
medicaid832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #4
rccolt.45
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
If you can replace the boot then I would do that.

As far as aligning the steering wheel, it is really easy. Just jack it up, put stands under it, crawl underneath the passenger side and look up and on the assembly and you will see the adjustment. Break the lock nut loose and adjust the threaded shaft (Don't accidentally grab the tie rod end!). You may to do it a couple of times till you drive it and get the wheel right where you want it.

There are videos on youtube if you are concerned.
ok thank a lot
Old 06-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #5
rccolt.45
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicaid832 View Post
I have a 91 and am glad to see someone else on here has the same cart as me. I purchased mine completely disassembled and have no idea what I'm doing. I am going to go through and order every piece of rubber that is on there and replace it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Wow good luck sounds like fun.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #6
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccolt.45 View Post
...So what do you guy think - replace to be safe or if it ain't broke ....?
I view this the same way I would view a CV boot on a car. That boot is there to keep dirt out of the greased moving parts. Once dirt is introduced it's only a matter of time till you need to replace the whole $$$ thing.

I suppose if you're always using the cart in a clean environment a person could go a very long ways before $$$ damage occurred. That would have to be your call.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car