lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #1
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default MCOR possibly?

Hello again,

Took the wife for a ride and now that I have more confidence in the new cart I purchased, 2008 IQ, I gave it mostly full throttle out of the garage.

Then , I get 1-2 quick jerks, then we are off at full speed. I did not, and still don't, notice the jerks when pulling away like a sensible person. It only happens when go from a full stop to mostly full throttle.

MCOR???

Thanks
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR possibly?

I'm just thinking out loud and do not know it to be factual, but I would think if the MCOR worked properly at normal conditions, it would be applicable to hard starts too. I would think something else its falling out intermittently causing it to sputter/lag. Do you here any of the contacts/solenoid drop out and reconnect?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Not that I can hear. Upon pressing down, everything 'clicks' in and just a sputter or 2, then everything is fine.

I will say this! I took out the factory battery warning light and in its stead, I cut out a larger opening and installed a voltmeter. Under the dash, there was another, unused set of positive and negative leads that weren't connected to anything. I used the negative lead from that and spliced the positive into the positive terminal from the key. This was so the voltmeter would only read when the cart was turned on. I didn't really notice the jerks til after this. Could I have possibly affected something down the line by connecting the voltmeter to the unused negative under the dash??

Speaking of, does anybody have any idea what the heck those other 2 wires that weren't connecting to anything were for? The cart has the factory harness, so I'm guessing they are only used for a specific feature on some models...
Old 06-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I sure wouldn't think so, but with that being said, is there a big drop in voltage when you experience this cart behavior?
Old 06-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #5
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

if you had a carburetor i'd say you have a fuel problem
for electrical your fuel problem may be small or bad cables or ends
but i am an ogre, not a golf cart mechanic
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #6
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

No, no drop in voltage at all. I have read other threads, and reviews of MCOR replacement ridding a cart of herky, jerky movements like this. Last night we ran the cart for at least 2 or 3 miles non-stop around the neighborhood and never lost power or slowed for any reason other than regen braking. Performed flawlessly other than the take-offs from stop. So, I'm hoping that this is the problem... just waiting for a heavy hitter like sergio, dave or scottyb to confirm my theory.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, one of them might know for sure. My experience (small) is that our MCOR's acted up pretty much the same way meaning they duplicated the problem most any way or very sporadically and it would go crazy proving it was failing.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #8
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would look towards the mcor first. Those 2 wires in the dash are 48 volt, usually used for a battery meter
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #9
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

When my MCOR started failing, it was at slower speeds. Just easing around about 5-8 MPH. The cart would surge. I could go WOT with no problem.
Pumping the go pedal about 20 times in neutral with key on would cure the problem for 30 min or so.
Sounds like you may have a different problem.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #10
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like it could be as simple as a loose wire issue. The jerking of the cart when you go full throttle so fast may be enough to jerk it loose but then let it sit well again to conduct to sustain the cart. I would guess that you already checked the wiring but if you haven't take a look.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car