lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Brake lights

I have a light kit installed that did not come with brake light switches or anything. Although it has brake light wires. My question is....can I wire my 12 volt converter positive on the back side of the key switch? That way no lights come on without the key on? Or can I wire the led brake light circuit to the positive 48 volts being the key switch? As of now, my converter is wired directly to the battery bank...so I can turn on all my lights without the key in...so in turn...if I set my parking brake, my brake lights will continually light.. will 48 volts burn up my brake light array if I use 48 volts? Seems like to much voltage.
noodlenugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #2
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake lights

I have mounted a brake light switch that works nicely..now I need to figure out a way to power the brake lights as so they will not be on while the parking brake is set while charging or parked.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

They make a brake light timer.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Seems like their would be an easier method. I'm just afraid to supply 48 v to led array for any extended time...like using the brake in normal use.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I guess the easiest way to ask the question is...can I wire my 48v to 12v converter to the back side of the key switch. That was I only get 12 volts when the key is in the on position. Or, will that burn up the key switch? Just not sire what the switch can handle.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nevermind.....i actually found my answer on an old post here in the forum...i guess I should just research here before I post a question....hahahaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car