lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2017, 06:36 AM   #1
charlesnbray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default controller questions on 2001 club car ds regen

Ok so looks like I am in the market for a new controller for my 2001 club car ds 48v regen cart no ones fault but my own for not properly disconnecting the batteries. Question is what controllers are compatible? The current controller is the GE silver on left side has the main positive and negative and the 23 pin connector and the other has 4 wires that lead to the motor, I am looking at putting a alltrax dcx400 since Id like to keep the stock motor for a while but the navista controllers look pretty nice as well. Suggestions please thanks!!!!!
charlesnbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: controller questions on 2001 club car ds regen

The DCX has been discontinued I am pretty sure. Do not by obsolete equipment. The new SR/XCT line covers all carts I am pretty sure. Get with scottyb - Carts Unlimited or David Hicks - Revolution Golf Cars for the best options. They are site sponsors here.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
hntndawg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Alltrax does not currently have a working XCT for the power drive style harness (even though the website shows it). They are continuing to manufacture DCX models for these for the time being. That being said, I could not find a DCX in stock at any of the vendors and will have to order from Alltrax.
hntndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hntndawg View Post
Alltrax does not currently have a working XCT for the power drive style harness (even though the website shows it). They are continuing to manufacture DCX models for these for the time being. That being said, I could not find a DCX in stock at any of the vendors and will have to order from Alltrax.
I converted my Regen 2 cart into an IQ cart by simply replacing the wiring harness where I could use the XCT controller. My situation was a little different as my stock motor went bad first. I wanted torque so I had to upgrade the controller to drive the new high torque motor. David Hicks ordered the IQ harness and MCOR and it was the best decision I have made. If you are going to keep your cart then consider the IQ conversion. As mentioned, contact David or ScottyB and they will talk you through it.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:52 AM   #6
charlesnbray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I found a used dcx400 PDS will this controller work on my 2001 club car regen 2?
charlesnbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car