lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #1
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 Precedent Alltrax install problem

So I was installing my new controller last night. I'm getting a little antsy and rushing. I'm working on getting the heat sink panel put back in and in doing so the solenoid pops out of its spot and its terminal is (unbeknownst to me) touching the heat sink panel. Well as I'm wiggling it around the heat sink panel touches the negative terminal of one of the batteries. Sparks fly, I piss my self and drop everything. After I figure out what had actually happened, I figure WTF, I've come this far, lets just wrap it up and hope nothing bad happened.

As per my luck, the cart doesn't move. There's no light on the XCT. Reverse buzzer sounds and the lights work, but that's it.

So how bad did I screw up? Is it likely just the solenoid or is this a deeper problem?

If it is the solenoid, is that something I can find locally?

Pic for fun
a_machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Precedent Alltrax install problem

I'm somewhat a noob here I'm sure some of the big dogs will chime in. As a noob this is where I would start.

Have you gone through and double checked all connections per install instructions?
Do you hear the solenoid click when pressing on the gas?
Have you tried hooking up the Alltrax to a PC to see if it still works and gets diagnostic readings?
Do you have a volt meter to test the terminals?

Pretty sure the Alltrax has the built in protection. Not sure if it's just reverse polarity protection or actual surge (I screwed something up) protection.
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Quick update...

I replaced the solenoid. The controller starts up and blinks 5 times then goes solid green. So I think that's a good sign. Trouble is it still doesn't move. No click from the solenoid.

I'm going to try to find a cable I can use to connect to the controller to see if it can lead me any where.

Edit: I'm getting all the signals but just no clicking at the solenoid. What could I have connected wrong?

Edit2: It does say that it's charging, when it most certainly is not.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Get your DVM out and check for the 48v + & - at the 2 small posts. You have to have that or you will not get the solenoid to close... If you do not have one or the other, trace it back to the MCOR or the controller.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

What says it is charging, the Alltrax? It might be configured wrong for charger interlock.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:13 AM   #6
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
What says it is charging, the Alltrax? It might be configured wrong for charger interlock.

It's set to High/Low. Is that correct or should it be set to Floating/NC?
Old 09-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

If I remember correctly, I checked High/Low and BMS unchecked to get mine working. Mine had an OBC that was bypassed. Yours does not so I'm not clear which wire it uses for charger lockout. Does it indicate the charger is connected in the monitor screen? Are there any error flags?
Old 09-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
If I remember correctly, I checked High/Low and BMS unchecked to get mine working. Mine had an OBC that was bypassed. Yours does not so I'm not clear which wire it uses for charger lockout. Does it indicate the charger is connected in the monitor screen? Are there any error flags?
Yes, the monitor screen shows that it is charging. And no there are not any errors. Going over it with a volt meter now.

EDIT: I just switched it to floating/NC and it's moving. Gonna put it back together and take it for a lap to make sure all is well.

Thanks for your help Gregorio!
Old 09-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Excellent! Glad you are rollin'! Now comes the fun part; tuning it!
Old 09-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

High/low is the correct setting for CC. By choosing floating N/C you would be disconnecting the safety interlock. To test my theory jack a wheel off the deck, plug the charger in, and see if the cart still runs.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car