lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default How to know ??????

Ok, I just purchased my Cart last week and don't know a lot about what I got?!?! I purchased it from a Gentleman who bought it from King of Karts and only used it one time and sold it to me at far below what he paid. It really looks like a New Cart right off the Showroom floor. No scratches, no rust, everything is like new. But it is a 2012 President that was refurbed by King of Karts. They told him that the speed control was turned up but not what code setting. I want to get the best performance I can from the stock motor and wiring so I checked into a Code 5 programmer and was told that it will not work on my Cart. Don't know why, they didn't explain, but they asked for my serial # which is PH 1232-XXXXXX that's when they said I couldn't turn it up. I don't understand why but I hope some of you Pros can tell me and maybe give me some options. I really would like to get the speed up to 24-27 MPH if possible without making big expensive changes.

Thanks for any input!!!!
Kartcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to know ??????

Go see your neighbors at plum Quick and get a Bandit motor exchange from them, best bang for the buck, around $250. You will see the speeds your looking for.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsane View Post
Go see your neighbors at plum Quick and get a Bandit motor exchange from them, best bang for the buck, around $250. You will see the speeds your looking for.
Hummmm, Interesting!!! What is Regen braking ?? Is that like a recharging the battery feature like on a Hybrid car???
Old 09-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #4
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 2 PH carts I installed Bandit motors in retain the regen braking. I would call them.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartcruiser View Post
Hummmm, Interesting!!! What is Regen braking ?? Is that like a recharging the battery feature like on a Hybrid car???
No, it helps with braking once you lift off the gas pedal, aids in braking the cart.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK Thanks. I didn't understand what the term meant.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #7
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsane View Post
The 2 PH carts I installed Bandit motors in retain the regen braking. I would call them.
What is about the PH Carts that won't accept the code 5 program?? Will they accept the code 4??
Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartcruiser View Post
OK Thanks. I didn't understand what the term meant.
Glad I'm not the only one. I heard regen braking and thought "oh cool it will charge the batteries" got the response "no sir, it just slows the cart".

Learning a lot on this site. Thank you!
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #9
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a Curtis 1268 and it recharges the batts. Probably doesn't make much of a difference in range out in the country but really reduces the use of brakes.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #10
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregt909 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one. I heard regen braking and thought "oh cool it will charge the batteries" got the response "no sir, it just slows the cart".

Learning a lot on this site. Thank you!
It does "recharge" the batteries technically, I have driven several carts with an ammeter hooked to the cables and can see anywhere from 10-50 amps given back to the batteries, however I don't think it is enough time to make any difference in your range, but probably does extend the life of your brakes.
pokesgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car