lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2017, 10:09 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car 98' HD Solenoid not clicking

Shorted? What exactly did you do? And do you have the 48 volts at the 2 small posts when you are attempting to engage it (make the cart move)??
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #12
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

My friend used the tip of the multimeter to pass the current thru the solenoid to controller. Not sure what shorting it really means. But the controller turned green and worked. Solenoid made the loud click noise when he pressed against the post with the small Gauge wires on jt. Yes volts all checked out. Solenoid is bad.
Ms506s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It sounds like you jumped across the 2 large posts so that does say your issue is at or with the solenoid. BUT, I did not quite follow what else you did so let me say this. The large post coming from the battery side will have pack voltage (full) and the post on the other side (controller) will have just under pack voltage and then when you press the go-pedal and you hear it click (close) it will come up to full pack voltage. If you do not hear it click (which you did) or it does but the other side does not come up to full pack voltage, you have a bad or sticking solenoid.

On the 2 small post, after you depress the go-pedal, you should have 48v when you are probing both small posts simultaneously. If you don't, you have another issue upstream and it is not giving you the 48v + & - you need.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:01 AM   #14
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok. I guess he jumped it then. It kind of sparked a little and was clicking. Controller then flashes green and then was a solid green. I changed out the throttle micro switch and traced back all wires and they were all good.

For the solenoid, is there any way to fix a solenoid that sticks? Are there any warranties on these? It's been 2 weeks, spent $800 on a new package with ScottyB who is awesome.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You got lucky this time, that was a very sloppy technique used to measure the voltage on the large solenoid post and the probe shorted against the positive small post.

Had it been done intentionally, Your friend would already know what is wrong.

Keep him out of your cart before you cause more damage.

Follow the link on post #9, your problem is very simple, the positive solenoid activation wire is "interrupted" between the key switch->pedal micro-switch->FNR micro switch path.

Just follow that step by step yourself, being careful not to short anything with the meter probes and You will have your cart fixed shortly.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:12 AM   #16
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You got lucky this time, that was a very sloppy technique used to measure the voltage on the large solenoid post and the probe shorted against the positive small post.

Had it been done intentionally, Your friend would already know what is wrong.

Keep him out of your cart before you cause more damage.

Follow the link on post #9, your problem is very simple, the positive solenoid activation wire is "interrupted" between the key switch->pedal micro-switch->FNR micro switch path.

Just follow that step by step yourself, being careful not to short anything with the meter probes and You will have your cart fixed shortly.

Alright. I will go back at it again. Thanks
Old 10-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #17
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

I got a new solenoid 600a to see if that was the problem when I reconnected it all I still have the same issue. By the key switch I found a weird mess. An Orange wire that looks unplugged from somewhere. After all tests I believe this has to be the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5151.jpg (178.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5149.jpg (113.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5150.jpg (131.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-05-2017, 11:25 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The orange/white wire connected to the key switch is the positive power to the battery warning light.

The blue wire on picture #3 that is not connected to anything is the +48v switched power to the pedal micro-switch, the cart will not work if it is not connected to the pedal.

The Orange wire that is not connected should go to the Reverse Buzzer negative terminal , the one currently without a wire.

Last edited by Sergio; 10-05-2017 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Correction to the orange/white wire comment.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #19
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The orange wire is the positive power to the reverse buzzer.

The blue wire on picture #3 that is not connected to anything is the +48v switched power to the pedal micro-switch, the cart will not work if it is not connected to the pedal.
Ahhh that's what I thought. Not sure how it broke off! I was just telling my buddy about that and he said same thing. So before when we "jumped" solenoid we were working directly with the batteries and not the actual cart electric system and now it makes sense.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #20
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

re-wired ignition switch with the broken blue wire. Still nothing. Might be time to call over a golf cart pro. I'm not getting any voltage at the HD F&R switch as of now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car