lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrade help..

Hello I bought the C54 upgrade package from Scottyb. Put it in wired it all up and when I turn the key I get nothing. Does anyone know if the ALLTRAX has a light on it to show it is getting power? I know I have power coming from the batteries. My lights work and I am reading 36 volts on my volt meter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade help..

You should have the operators manual with the install instruction. The SR controller does have a status light. It will give blink codes for throttle program and ready and even show fault codes which are listed on the dog eared page in the back of the owners manual.
It sounds like you have no power at the solenoid and controller activation circuit. Which F&R device do you have? If rotary (original) type check to see #1. you have 36v (+) in and out of the F&R micro switch

Also look in the manual for the LED location so you know where to be looking.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You should have the operators manual with the install instruction. The SR controller does have a status light. It will give blink codes for throttle program and ready and even show fault codes which are listed on the dog eared page in the back of the owners manual.

It sounds like you have no power at the solenoid and controller activation circuit. Which F&R device do you have? If rotary (original) type check to see #1. you have 36v (+) in and out of the F&R micro switch

Also look in the manual for the LED location so you know where to be looking.

I have the stock F&R switch.. I値l check the micro switch and go from there. I値l keep you posted. Thanks!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds good. I'll check back later
Old 10-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #5
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Sounds good. I'll check back later

Ok I checked the switch.. I have the blue wire going to the foot pedal on one and the other is a black wire going to the key. Sound right ?

Old 10-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes check and insure the key switch wire is positive. NOT negative.
Can you do that?
Check and insure there is 36v positive to the pedal input (red/yellow)
Old 10-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes check and insure the key switch wire is positive. NOT negative.
Can you do that?
Check and insure there is 36v positive to the pedal input (red/yellow)

I thought the same thing and switched them.. there was no change.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #8
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan54 View Post
I thought the same thing and switched them.. there was no change.

One other thought.. the red wire goes to the plug for the charger and the other goes from the micro switch to the key

Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For clarity there are 13 high amperage cables in the system shown in heavy lines in the install diagram. We call these cables. There are small gauge control wires to key & micro switches to power up solenoid and controller. We call these wires.

When you say the red wire, is it a cable? Is it an original charge cable or wire?

The instructions very clearly say to remove all wiring from the cart. This is a new drive system. Clearly removing all the wiring and installing just the few wires shown on the diagram is the simplest install and produces the most reliable outcome.
The new charge 10g wires will go directly to the battery pack main + and minus as shown in the instruction.

Be careful swapping wires just to 'see' if it works. The pedal feed is polarity sensitive and a negative input can damage the internal relay.
Do you have 36v + in and out of the F&R micro switch when the pedal is depressed?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #10
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
For clarity there are 13 high amperage cables in the system shown in heavy lines in the install diagram. We call these cables. There are small gauge control wires to key & micro switches to power up solenoid and controller. We call these wires.

When you say the red wire, is it a cable? Is it an original charge cable or wire?

The instructions very clearly say to remove all wiring from the cart. This is a new drive system. Clearly removing all the wiring and installing just the few wires shown on the diagram is the simplest install and produces the most reliable outcome.
The new charge 10g wires will go directly to the battery pack main + and minus as shown in the instruction.

Be careful swapping wires just to 'see' if it works. The pedal feed is polarity sensitive and a negative input can damage the internal relay.
Do you have 36v + in and out of the F&R micro switch when the pedal is depressed?

I get nothing with the pedal depressed. I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5ARr0QubY and the guy talks about the small resistor being a certain way on the solenoid to make it positive on one side. I値l check that tonight. As for the wires all of them were removed except for the ones from the charger plug and the key switch. I値l remove the key switch ones tonight and rewire them. I値l keep you posted.. one other thing in the video the guy has several wires running from the solenoid that I don稚 have. Is that something I should be looking at?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car