lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
Gordon O
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 Club Car clicks but will not move

My cart just clicks and does not move, forward or reverse. It has done this before and I moved wires on the f/r switch and it would start moving again. Is this the f/r switch or something else?
Gordon O is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2017, 09:16 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car clicks but will not move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon O View Post
My cart just clicks and does not move, forward or reverse. It has done this before and I moved wires on the f/r switch and it would start moving again. Is this the f/r switch or something else?
Welcome to the forum.

I'm bumping this to get more suggestions from others. I think you have isolated the problem pretty well. The F/R switch and the connected wiring is a common problem on the older carts.

Wait and see if you get any test suggestions from the experts here!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
Gordon O
Not Yet Wild

Thank You for your help. I haven't started testing much yet. I was hoping for some ideas. I am thinking maybe the contacts in the FNR switch but I may be way off base.
Gordon O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try the search link while your waiting ... it can usually answer half your questions , not to mention teaching you about others problems you might have in the future .

I did one and this came up / but I dont think posting a search link will work ?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/searc...archid=4704978
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
scrannel
Gone Wild

Have had this happen twice and both times it was a bad cable. The first time was obvious, but the second time the cable separated inside the cable plastic and was not only hard to locate, but would "reconnect" if the wire was moved. Just FWIW.
scrannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
SEHunter
Gone Wild

I'm curious what controller you have. Sounds like you may have found the issue since messing with the f/r switch restores travel. My father and I have twin carts, upgrades and all. 99 and 2000 CC DS, both had Alltrax AXE4865 controllers at the time. We both experienced loss of travel in either fwd or rev intermittently. He replaced his solenoid and micro switches on the f/r lever with no avail. Mine eventually lost both directions permanently. The solenoid pulls in and I measured battery voltage to the controller. Confirmed my voltage was present from the key switch and noticed the status LED wouldn't illuminate when the cart was acting up. Called Alltrax and long story short, the "power supply" had failed. The controller was the culprit. It fooled us since at first we lost only one direction of travel. I still don't fully understand how that works but a new controller fixed it.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car