lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
Role
Gone Wild

Question Club Car Precedent with LED lights - Turn Signals Not Working Properly

2014 Precedent with Alpha Body LED head and taillights .. Can't get my blinkers to flash and I'm ready to set the cart on fire.

Brake Light Relay/Timer and all work fine.

However, the turn Signals are not Working Properly.
I know this has to be related to the flasher.
If I remove outside housing of the flasher and press the top part of the relay up and down with my hand - I get a dimming blink like I should.

However, just using the turn signals without manually messing with the flasher piece - when selecting signal either way, the front amber lights in the front stay solid, while the rear light blinker part of the tail-lights start bright and fade down quickly to a light dim (almost as if they want to make a complete flash but can't quite do it)

I'm guessing off the top of my head this has something to do with LED lights not having the amount of resistance needed? Anyone know a solution?

"Get a flasher designed for LEDs / electric one" that's not a lot of fun buying 5-6 of them to find out none of them work. Been there and done that, do I remember the solution? NO. No matter how many carts I've built I always run into something entirely different on the same model cart no matter how many times I've built one. Call me crazy but very true.

Also wanted to note* The Horn, Headlights, Rear Lights, and Brake Light Relay/Timer all work fine. ONLY the flash does not.

Also photo of various flashers tried using.

Attached photos of turn signal setup...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3316.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3318.jpg (162.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3317.jpg (144.3 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent with LED lights - Turn Signals Not Working Properly

Short 6 second clip of what it's doing. Flipped the lever once and back off and then again to show

https://imgur.com/a/WYi7SwY
Old 06-30-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent with LED lights - Turn Signals Not Working Properly

Put a ultra low voltage flasher in it. Ill check and see what brand it is I use
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #4
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Put a ultra low voltage flasher in it. Ill check and see what brand it is I use
I like where your heads at - so something that's like 9v-12v rated or something?
Old 07-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
I like where your heads at - so something that's like 9v-12v rated or something?
I found one flasher that works when everything is LED.. Headlights, Tail lights and turn signals.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #6
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I found one flasher that works when everything is LED.. Headlights, Tail lights and turn signals.
And that flasher is....?
Old 07-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
And that flasher is....?
working on it. im not by my truck today
Old 07-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #8
Role
Gone Wild

I would use the LGT-215 Flasher which is a low draw flasher and would work, but I don't think I can buy that flasher locally and I wouldn't have time to order one online and wait for it.

Wish I knew the specs for the LGT-215 in greater detail so I could try and match it up to something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #9
Role
Gone Wild

I think I found the specs for the LGT-215 2 Prong flasher .. it used to be written on the top of the housing and then they switched to a solid shell with no writing on it. Looks like I need something around 3.4w to 10w
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 2.31.05 PM.png (137.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I bought an electronic one from advanced auto that I use on my light house at the lake and it only has one led 1157 bulb with the brake and running circuit parallel. Works fine. I will see if can read the part number through the opaque glass and reply.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
blinker, blinkers, brake lights, turn signals
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car