lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
strick22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 14" Club Car, non-lifted

Gentlemen,

New poster here. I recently installed heavy duty rear springs and lifted the front with a 5/8" aluminum block. (Madjax) makes one.

I know for certain that a 14" wheel will fit with no issues, no rubbing and accordingly under my cart. What I don't want however is the "sticking out" look. I'd like them tucked. Any information on a particular offset? Further, a specific tire size. I have ran across 205, 215 and 225 mm tires, and not certain what may or may not rub with a particular wheel. Any help would be beneficial.

Thanks,

Strick
strick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 14" Club Car, non-lifted

When you say sticking out are you referring to the wheels looking like this /-----\ (neg camber).
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
strick22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Walter, thanks for the response.

I'm not speaking of negative camber, I want them tucked under the wheel wells, and not sticking out beyond past the imaginary line via the length of the cart.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #4
Cynikal.Mindset
Not Yet Wild

3:4 wheels with 205 tires fit pretty flush.
Cynikal.Mindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #5
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is with 205 40 r14s gtw pursuit wheels the rears rubbed a little with OEM leafs replaced with HD and it was good. The fronts would rub at full lock but it was manageable. I ended up lifting it a few weeks later so I'm not sure how bad it would have been to live with.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #6
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

This was my nonlifted cart with the same size front block and had springs like you have. 215-35-14 tires. I have no idea what the offset was. There wasn’t any rubbing and There wasn’t anything sticking out, at least not until the bumper starts to wrap around the front. I have since sold these wheels, lifted cart 3” and went to dual action springs. The combo of very low profile tires and hd rear springs was a very rough ride. If you go on exclusively smooth, paved streets, all good. But the slightest bump, like a root pushing up through a golf cart path, will jar your bones.

imagehost
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
strick22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Beach Guy & Jkerle

Man, both of those carts sit just right. Nice!

I like the wider tire that Beach Guy has, but I like the tucked look of both units. Didn't think a 3:4 offset would look quite like such. I'm surprised. What I don't know is if Beach Guy's unit is a 3:4 but it certainly looks it. One of you added the lift block and the other didn't. Did the lift block solve absolutely all rubbing issues? Now I just need to find the wheel I want, but with a 215 tire. Hope I can. Thanks fellas.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #8
strick22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cynikal Mindset - Thanks brother. How about a 215 tire?
Old 08-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #9
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by strick22 View Post
Beach Guy & Jkerle

Man, both of those carts sit just right. Nice!

I like the wider tire that Beach Guy has, but I like the tucked look of both units. Didn't think a 3:4 offset would look quite like such. I'm surprised. What I don't know is if Beach Guy's unit is a 3:4 but it certainly looks it. One of you added the lift block and the other didn't. Did the lift block solve absolutely all rubbing issues? Now I just need to find the wheel I want, but with a 215 tire. Hope I can. Thanks fellas.
In this link, it says they were 3.5+4.5 offset. I did not notice any rubbing issues with the block in the front. But when the wheels were turned all the way to one side, the back of tire was less than half inch from touching the frame. And I believe the hd springs I had also lifted the back an inch or so. I only drove the cart about 20 Miles with these tires on it. So I didn’t get much real world testing.
http://www.dixielectricar.com/e-z-go...ach-w-blk.html
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #10
strick22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Beach Guy - You mentioned you went from a heavy duty rear leaf set to a dual action rear leaf set. What's the difference? Is there a difference in height/raise in addition?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car