lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
jmt9423
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with electrical

I'm working on a friends cart which is a yamaha G16E so my issue is that 1st it's the wrong controller so with that being said the problem is every time I step on the gas pedal it pops the 10 amp fuse I noticed there were no positive or negative coming off the charging receptacle so then I hooked up a positive and a negative coming off the battery to the charging receptacle with both wires hooked up you step on the gas you popped a 10 amp fuse you disconnect the negative side that goes to the charging receptacle you don't need the key you can pull the fuse out you could pull the diodes out but then again you can drive it Forward backwards whatever it runs fine but when you hook it up correctly it pops fuses no idea could it be that the controller internal is causing it to pop that fuse because it's the wrong controller wrong throttle mechanism inside the controller please help

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
jmt9423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Angry Re: Help with electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt9423 View Post
I'm working on a friends cart which is a yamaha G16E so my issue is that 1st it's the wrong controller so with that being said the problem is every time I step on the gas pedal it pops the 10 amp fuse I noticed there were no positive or negative coming off the charging receptacle so then I hooked up a positive and a negative coming off the battery to the charging receptacle with both wires hooked up you step on the gas you popped a 10 amp fuse you disconnect the negative side that goes to the charging receptacle you don't need the key you can pull the fuse out you could pull the diodes out but then again you can drive it Forward backwards whatever it runs fine but when you hook it up correctly it pops fuses no idea could it be that the controller internal is causing it to pop that fuse because it's the wrong controller wrong throttle mechanism inside the controller please help

your kidding ..right ?
Old 10-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Help with electrical

In addition to CTD's obvious call-out, that's about as far as I could make it through your post. I would recommend starting here. Then come back and try again, I don't even have a clue exactly what you are trying to say.

https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/w...runonsentences
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
In addition to CTD's obvious call-out, that's about as far as I could make it through your post. I would recommend starting here. Then come back and try again, I don't even have a clue exactly what you are trying to say.

https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/w...runonsentences

[emoji52]

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, that is a little harsh.

Last edited by BBBHC; 10-01-2018 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Forgot "." at the end of my sentence
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:12 PM   #6
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Yeah, that is a little harsh.
really ???

ok you answer him / her

Quote:
I'm working on a friends Yamaha 36v golf cart the first problem is that the *** fool they bought it off of put in a 48v club car controller no idea how it even worked and now I'm hooking up his volt meter but he wants it hooked up to the key switch and I tested the switch and there is nothing coming out I dont know

Quote:
I'm working on an electric Yamaha G16. The problem I'm having is that when I push the gas pedal it pops the 10amp fuse instantly. So one of my friends was messing with it and know when you turn the key switch the fuse pops instantly. Any help would be great and any ideas. I'm following the wires from one spot to another.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wasn't referring to crash test, I was referring to cp
Old 10-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Apologies, I didnt mean to come off harsh. But... a little punctuation goes a long way. When asking for help in a public forum, the quality of response will be directly related to the quality and details of the question. I re-read the post about 3 times and just got lost trying to even make out what he was trying to ask or say. I'll go above and beyond to try and help folks out, but it makes it incredibly difficult to respond if I cant even make it through the problem (I'm sure I'm not the only one that had a hard time reading that).
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #9
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wrong controller? How is that even possible. That’s what I don’t understand.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #10
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, I'm with you completely CP. It just didn't come across as constructive criticism was my point.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha