lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2018, 10:21 PM   #1
Tmead45
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me Club Car DS Advice

I’m new to the forum and new to carting and just wanted to show off my new cart as well as try to get a little advice. I just acquired a 2002 Club Car DS that has been sitting out unused for about a year. I brought it home and plugged it up for a few days and tried to drive it today and it was a little clunky, for lack of a better term. It would go in both forward and reverse but when the pedal was fully depressed it would jump and sputter and wouldn’t go more than 1-2 mph. Does this sound like bad batteries or possibly something else? Also, what is some must do maintenance for a cart that has been sitting for an extended period? Thanks for any and all responses. Can’t wait to move on to lift kits/wheels/tires/new paint job. Thanks!

I’m uploading from a phone. Why in the world are the pictures all turned random directions?
Tmead45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: New to me Club Car DS Advice

Hello. Welcome to BGW.

When you say you plugged it in for a few days, did the charger run for a few days?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:34 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome. Sounds like you have an excellent starting point for the "disease". Lots of quality help here!!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:35 PM   #4
Tmead45
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Hello. Welcome to BGW.

When you say you plugged it in for a few days, did the charger run for a few days?
Yes, it appeared to be running. Sounded like it was running and today when I went to look at it the charger had shut off.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is a 48v Electric Series cart. It will not run with low batteries. In looking at them, they appear to be a hodge-podge of batteries. Meaning they are mismatched and I am betting you do not have 49 volts across the pack (You need 50.93 to be fully charged). You probably have one or several bad batteries and the motor is surging and the controller cannot operate it.

Best to take a DVM and check each individual battery and you will probably find the pack is exhausted and time to replace it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:52 PM   #6
Tmead45
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is a 48v Electric Series cart. It will not run with low batteries. In looking at them, they appear to be a hodge-podge of batteries. Meaning they are mismatched and I am betting you do not have 49 volts across the pack (You need 50.93 to be fully charged). You probably have one or several bad batteries and the motor is surging and the controller cannot operate it.

Best to take a DVM and check each individual battery and you will probably find the pack is exhausted and time to replace it.
Thanks for the info! I'll start with that and see what happens. I had already anticipated replacing the batteries so I may just start fresh with a new set.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:58 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Read this too.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Guide.pdf (45.4 KB, 0 views)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car