lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Good deal or not?

Posted in the “Star” cart forum with few views and no responses...... I expected that with the Chinese carts.......BUT- I figured you guys could at least give me your opinion.........

I am picking up a pretty good condition 2008 Star EV classic with the back flip seat on Weds 2/27 for 500$. The cart moves and is in good operating condition -its just really slow since it still has the original batteries that were only marginally maintained. (11years old) They will need replaced. So, other than batteries I feel I am getting a pretty good deal. ( on a side note I am a Club car guy. I have 4 in the garage now BUT this deal seems too good to pass up)

Question #1.... Is this as good of a deal as it appears? I know nothing about the value of Star carts?

Question #2..... The seats need recovered bad! It looks like the front seat and seat back are nearly identical to a club car Precedent. Will those covers work? And if not, where can I find a replacement set of covers?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Good deal or not?

If you think it's worth putting new batteries in it it's worth it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
anziosaint
Gone Wild

I was thinking 600 for batteries, a good cleaning and put it up for sale for $1800 to be someone’s campground cruiser and pocket a quick 700 bucks. At least that’s the plan��
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

tough sale in my area due to so many people being scared of getting parts for those carts. My philosophy is why go and buy one of those chinese carts when you can choose one of the main stream brands and have it easy. I don't see it being worth the hassle but maybe that's just me.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car