lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 04:30 AM   #1
PT69
Not Yet Wild

Default Squealing noise?

I changed my s/g belt and drive belt on my 2005 precedent and now have a light squealing noise while driving at all speeds and it seems to get worse when warm....S/G belt is tight. Is there a break in period of some kind?
PT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Squealing noise?

No break in.
Where did you get the new belts? Brand? Part number?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
PT69
Not Yet Wild

Part #1016203... don’t know what brand. I got it off amazon for $25 for both belts
Old 04-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That might be part of the problem. There are some aftermarket belts that are crap, that have the right part numbers on them and look similar to Original club car belts, but they are just not any good.

Do your clutches have any waviness or grooving on the sheaves? If there is any abnormal wear that can cause a drive belt to squeal some in certain places. It sounds like the noise is probably coming from the start belt, but it helps to know for sure by removing the drive belt and starting the engine. Rev it up and hold the RPMS up and listen for the noise coming from the starter belt.

I have had a few inexpensive belts that made noise that went away after a few minutes, only to start making noise again or start slipping when trying to start after a few drives.
Those belts didn't last long and were nearly shredded within just a few months, even after multiple adjustments.

There is also the possibility the belt is too Tight and is causing noise from the bearings in the starter generator due to having too much axial load. Older bearings sometimes do not play well with new belts and you have to find the sweet spot in the adjustment to get the bearings to not make noise, but also for the belt to not slip.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
PT69
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try and run it without the drive belt to narrow down the problem
Old 04-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #6
PT69
Not Yet Wild

OK.... I ran it with out the drive belt and no squealing noise. So i went out and bought a new drive belt locally from a certified Club Car dealer.. Installed it and it runs great, quiet as a mouse. Before installing i matched it up to the belt off Amazon and the new OEM belt was almost an inch longer and a lot easier to install. Be aware everyone that the drive belt-s/g belt kit from Amazon is junk. Also be warned that the Amazon belt kit has the correct Part# stamped on them even though they're no good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car