lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Carryall1 Seat Size?

i picked up a 97 carryall1 turf a couple months back but it does not have any seats. does anyone have measurements to cut new plywood to install seats? was told this cart had the 1 piece solid backrest. thanks for any input. will seats from a ds fit on here?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall1 Seat Size?

Mine is 40.5" wide x 17" deep.

No, a DS seat will probably not fit. DS seats have armrests on the sides, and also have that pivot/mount thing on the front of it to let you lean the seat forward. The carryall fits inside that little channel and has the steel armrests attached to the body/frame.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Heres a few pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190422_123247.jpg (232.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190422_123258.jpg (152.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190422_123319.jpg (224.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190422_123348.jpg (140.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 12:04 PM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have the aluminum back frame and the side armrests for the carryall. didn't know if I took the hinge clips and arm rests off a ds if it would fit in there or be wide enough...
Old 04-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

is that 40.5 x 17 the size of the wood backer for the bottom cushion?
Old 04-22-2019, 12:09 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The wood backer. Sorry pics didn't work the first time... I would recommend some pretty thick wood though. Unlike a DS that rides on top of the body, the carryall fits into that metal channel around the edges so not a ton of support there. I would imagine that's why it has that L channel going along the bottom of it.

Mine came without a backrest so I made my own 1 piece. I believe they're supposed to be individual back rests but I usually have kids riding with me so I like the 1 piece back. I do need to re-do it now that it's lifted so it fits between the roof struts, so I can lower it back down again. I raised the roof higher before I lifted it because I kept hitting my head on it lol. Now I climb up into it so it doesn't need to be as high, but not a huge priority, i'll get to it eventually.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I make mine from 3/4 plywood. 40-1/2" by 17-1/2". Round the corners about a 1" radius, and drill at least Four 1/2" holes somewhere in the center for ventilation. If you really want to get crazy you can sand down the edges so they aren't so sharp and it will help keep the vinyl from ripping on the edges.

There should be 1-1/2" wide rubber strips on the bottom along each side. I have a few that have one or two missing and haven't found an exact replacement, but I've found that black garage door seal works pretty well. It keeps the vinyl from rubbing on the aluminum frame and rubbing holes in the corners. It also helps keep the seat from sliding around, or knocking on the frame if you go over bumps a little too fast. If you don't have the lift strap it really helps to have that in the back center. Any kind of strap material or an old seat belt makes a good replacement.

CP, none of mine have that L bracket. That might on there be because someone used wood to thin, or they cut it too narrow so it wanted to slide back and forth on the seat frame. When it's cut the right size it won't be able to slide forward or back.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

CP, none of mine have that L bracket. That might on there be because someone used wood to thin, or they cut it too narrow so it wanted to slide back and forth on the seat frame. When it's cut the right size it won't be able to slide forward or back.
Interesting... Mine is the OEM seat from a 2002 carryall 2. I swapped it with the seat I made for this one originally (Cut new plywood same as you mentioned above) but this one had the strap and the foam was a little better shape so I kept the better one in this cart and put the other seat on the one I sold. It doesn't slide around at all, I thought that piece of L channel was for extra support in the middle. Not sure, it was there and had the inserts for the bolts so after I recovered it, I put it back on. Judging by the rest of the cart I got it from, I'm pretty confident the seat was never replaced or changed. it was rough lol

I took the plastic bumpers off this one when I recovered it, still have them, but never put them back on. I still have them, maybe I should get around to that

Agreed on the seat strap in the back. Makes it much, much easier to remove the seat to put gas in it!
Old 04-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

what would be a good source for foam if making one from scratch? this cart didn't have seats when I got it.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:27 PM   #10
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Several layers of carpet padding works good and is cheap
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car