lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2019, 04:43 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 controller and motor upgrade

There is typically a fuse holder on the harness right near the main solenoid, that's where the 3a fuse lives. If you have an Alltrax, put a 10a in there (they used to provide a 10a with the kits)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #12
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Well, after tearing half of the wiring harness apart, I found the 3amp fuse! It was sandwiched between the tubular frame and the body. It was blown. I’m going to replace it and see if it solves my problem. I hope the cause had something to do with the motor burning out. Will find out tomorrow
Patrick Macdonell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #13
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, cgtech, The wiring harness was sandwiched between the frame and the roof drain. I had to cut the tie wraps and pull the harness down to access the fuse.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:26 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

A 3a fuse couldn't even faze a motor that is capable of using hundreds of amps. The failure isn't related. 3a wouldn't cause enough action in the motor to even bump the cart. Putting another 3a fuse in there? If so, plan on getting good at changing that fuse.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:05 PM   #15
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

I was planning on replacing the fuse with a 10 amp fuse minimum. I know where you are coming from cgtech, thanks for the info, have a good one!
Old 04-29-2019, 11:50 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

10a maximum fuse, use a 10a, no 30a fuses! A fuse is there to protect the wiring from burning, not necessarily for the device at the end of the wire. Yamaha figured a 3a fuse would be enough to power the solenoid, but a Alltrax would like a 10a fuse, which the factory harness is capable of supporting no problem based on wire gauge.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:43 AM   #17
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking that the motor shorting out caused the fuse to blow not the other way around. A 10 amp fuse it is. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2019, 07:46 AM   #18
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hopefully that fixes it! Got my fingers crossed for you!

If it doesn't fix it, post some pictures of your wiring. Solenoid and the controller itself. Might be a good idea to do that anyway...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:11 AM   #19
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Thanks BBBHC!
Old 04-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #20
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Well, I have the controller booted up and seems to be working fine. The new problem is that when I monitor performance I have only about 500 rpms on the motor and very few amps at the motor. In monitor mode it shows the shutdown indicator and the precharge fail indicator high lighted in blue and low voltage indicator in red. The motor jerks like it is losing power. The other thing I noticed is that the key switch voltage is at 24 volts. That looks like it isn’t enough current to actuate the solenoid coil. Undergo
Tate is at 38.5 and over voltage at 62 volts. Battery voltage is at 51.5v. Any ideas?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha