lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Default 2007 YDRE - Possible Overheating?

Hey guys, i have a 2007 Yamaha YDRE that I have had about two years now. I have replaced since i bought it, the solenoid, motor and controller (Alltrax).

I did this when i was having an issue a while back, ended up being the motor, the last thing i replaced...figures.

Since then, i have replaced the batteries due to age +5 years old, not a problem.

Today, we were going to our park when the golf cart just didn't 'seem right'. It was slower, then about 200 feet into the trip, it kicked back in to full power and all was well. Thought it was just a quirk.....

On the way back, it died. I had to tow it home with my truck. My wife and I noticed a burning/smoldering smell, that i am not able to trace to a specific part. I have taken a pic of the Alltrax software page and uploaded it here.

The motor seemed to hot than I remember it even being...but i could still put on my hand to it for some seconds.

I am not sure if anyone can diagnose it from the screen shot. The pic was taken when i had it on jacks, with the pedal fully pressed. 100%

Notes: all electrical still work - horn lights...etc, all the batteries are flowing at a good 12.5+/-V (New Trojans (4/12)) - but not new enough to be the cause of the issue in my opinion) The solenoid is clicking upon the accelerator press and depress.

At this point, even on jacks, the wheels are not turning. No power it seems is getting to the engine, but no flags are being presented on the Alltrax software. But if you notice, i am getting negative Battery Current at max pedal 100%.

Anyone got an idea?

Appreciate any input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190626_135143.jpg (220.3 KB, 0 views)
Craeshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #2
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2007 YDRE - Possible Overheating?

Pic for reference...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180921_114949.jpg (234.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What motor did you put in the cart and what map is loaded in the controller?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #4
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
What motor did you put in the cart and what map is loaded in the controller?
Yamaha Road Runner Hitachi Replacement Motor (Models G29/DRIVE) (Apparently, not for sale anymore)

I actually had to contact all trax, who did NOT have a map for this motor. They sent me a default map (through email) that would work on any stock, and worked a few tweeks after sending data back to them from the stock map they first sent me.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm not familiar with that motor. Hopefully somebody who is will come along soon.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"roadrunner" Hitachi is a stock motor modified by Nivel for higher than stock speed. It is a terrible mismatch for this application. It is a worse option for this lifted/big tire setup than a stock motor. Time to get out that pocketbook, it's motor time.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
"roadrunner" Hitachi is a stock motor modified by Nivel for higher than stock speed. It is a terrible mismatch for this application. It is a worse option for this lifted/big tire setup than a stock motor. Time to get out that pocketbook, it's motor time.
WELLLL THENNNNNN!!!

I am thinking the same. Controller is staying solid green. So it seems that it all now comes down to the motor :-( This morning, everything is the same, but the motor wont engage. Controller, solenoid, batteries...all good.

Anyone have a motor suggestion for me, with my specs? We plan on keeping the cart a while since i have replaced everything on it...lol.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #8
Craeshe
Getting Wild

https://www.evdrives.com/product_p/mot-d2.htm

Good one?
Old 06-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Still wrong motor for you. If it says "high speed", it's the wrong one for you.

High speed motors are for carts with typical street sized tires, like 20.5" overall diameter of less.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:00 PM   #10
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Still wrong motor for you. If it says "high speed", it's the wrong one for you.

High speed motors are for carts with typical street sized tires, like 20.5" overall diameter of less.
Tried some research - Can't find one specific to lifts big carts for the YDRE. Any suggestions for a specific motor?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha