lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #1
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Side trim coming off

I have a new to me 2015 G29 and the black side skirt that runs on each side on the left side is lose. It has the tabs that stick though the holes but they just pull out and can't figure out how to hold them in place. Don't want to put screws in it. Want to fix it right. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Side trim coming off

Probably missing the 3 plastic rivets at the very back.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #3
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. I tried to find a good photo or video but no luck but at least i know what to look for. It looks like I will have to take off the inner fender well to get to it which looks easy enough.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

2 on each side inside the fender area. One under the seat each side (can be difficult). You would be removing the rivets to remove the fender liner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200104-193930_Opera.jpg (67.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2020, 06:18 AM   #5
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks so much. That helps a lot.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #6
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just an update, The drives side skirt at the rear wheel did have the rivet but unfortunately the plastic tab was broken off that the rivet goes through. I could just put a screw in the side but too fussy so I guess I will order a new panel. I see you can order the ones without the Yamaha logo and just wondering since they are aftermarket do they fit as well. They are quite a bit cheaper. :)
Old 01-14-2020, 01:41 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

No, they fit horrible. Please avoid, save yourself the dissatisfaction. I usually see them installed with drywall screws, they are really bad looking.

Here's a link to good parts diagram (the real one). Please use the part numbers you find to search out the good parts. They can be found amongst site sponsors & elsewhere for reasonable prices. (Plowmans is a yamaha dealer & site sponsor). I encourage you to use site sponsors when possible. Those ones you see may be the ones I see on "cheap rebuilds" & they look absolutely horrible. (As a certified yamaha guy, crappy parts make me wanna barf).

https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog/lines/golfcar
Old 01-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #8
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That's what I figured. I will use oem stuff from one of our site sponsors. Thanks so much for all your help.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
GoodbyeYamaha
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just sold mine and had the same issue, it was on the drivers side closest to the rear tire where it starts to curve. I tried a double sided tape pad which held out the length of my driveway. It drove me crazy and i was constantly bumping it back in where it hold for a hole or two, after years I finally gave up and put a small hex head body screw in the area and it wasn't as noticeable as i thought it would be. Good luck, would stink to buy a new panel because of one plastic clip failing
GoodbyeYamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #10
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeYamaha View Post
I just sold mine and had the same issue, it was on the drivers side closest to the rear tire where it starts to curve. I tried a double sided tape pad which held out the length of my driveway. It drove me crazy and i was constantly bumping it back in where it hold for a hole or two, after years I finally gave up and put a small hex head body screw in the area and it wasn't as noticeable as i thought it would be. Good luck, would stink to buy a new panel because of one plastic clip failing
Thanks for your input. Apparently it's a weak link so maybe a black screw is the way to go and not be so fussy on something not really that noticeable.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha