lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default just quits

I am looking at a friends 2001 ezgo txt 36 volt cart that will stop suddenly for no apparent reason. When you take your foot off the throttle and then step on it again immediately is goes like nothing happened.
I have checked he batteries and every terminal connection I can find, all seem good clean and tight. I reconnected his back up buzzer to do the self diagnostic test I found on line through FSIP. It gave 4 quick beeps and nothing else!
So what can be causing this problem and does the test results sound correct?
Am I looking in the right area?
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: just quits

I got the cart today and put it in diagnostic mode and went for a five mile cruise . Everything went fine so I stopped to pick up the charger to take it home. I drove about 500 ft. and it just stopped,when I lifted my foot and stepped down again it started again . Great news it kept giving me a diagnostic code 3-2 it also acted like the motor brake engaged until I started away again. I can't see or feel any loose connections on the solenoid . SHOULD i JUST REPLACE THE SOLENOID?
Old 03-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The first suggestion on the PDS label for a 3-2 error code is "Check Auxiliary Power". Replacing soelnoid is second suggestion.

Check the voltage on J1 Pin-5. If it is less than the battery pack voltage (at the time), that is the reason for the error code.

The small Red wire on the solenoid's battery side large terminal feeds to beeper and J1 Pin-5, but the split is inside the wiring harness and is what is known as a "Sonic" weld, with the tapped in wire going to J1 Pin-5. The sonic weld fails quite often and it is the controller that stops working.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:08 PM   #4
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Voltage was fine but when i went to take the floor jack back it would run really slow . Got a new code 3-2 i think anyway it said solenoid was toast . I ordered a new solenoid should be here thursday

Tags
2001 txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO