lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
AZShane
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha ydrex3 2013

Hey all I found what I think is a good deal on a Yamaha 2013 ydrex3 cart but I cant seem to find much info on them. Can you all provide any feedback? The good/bad/ugly truth of this machine would be much appreciated.
Thanks
AZShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2020, 03:52 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha ydrex3 2013

Team axle could eventually be a money pit, especially if it once lived as a (no maintenance done) old golf course fleet/rental car. If it is from the local "cart flipper shop", I might pass. A fairly well maintained private owned cart might be fine, but a old "course car" could be your money pit to deal with. "Reconditioned" is almost always a big fat lie. They usually dont even change the axle oil (which should be done twice as often as the service manual says for Team axle yamahas, in my opinion). Think the golf course did that? Nope. Think the "Reconditioner" did that? Nope. (They likely wouldnt even know what oil spec to put in it). Its too bad, but truth is, I wouldnt even buy a 2007-2015 "Team axle" yamaha unless it came from an original owner who maintained it. Your getting into a big pile of problems you dont want. Factory doesnt support that axle well for parts, and what's available is big $$..

Team axle can be Very easily identified, look forward under the rear bumper, if you see an axle with a bunch of aluminum fins/ribs on it, it's not for you. The axle isnt "total garbage", but it must be well maintained, and parts & labor to work on it are high (plus the possibility of people who dont know it messing with it).

When I first got yamaha training, the teacher was surprised by my knowledge & attention to detail on that axle (2007 or 8, cant remember), he didnt know I had been in there several times before I met him. (Admittedly, before I knew how bad the "high speed gears" could Bite us later, dont do that mistake either).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha