lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #1
bbelviso
Not Yet Wild

Default XCT400 & 200 HD solenoid worth it?

Hi all,

I just bought a used 18 TXT 48V (picture attached)...its a beauty, stock motor, controller from what I can see...it goes 21 mph (which is pretty good from what I read here), kind of a dog uphill...also i'm getting beat by my buddies 6 seater RXV (stock from what we know). I want/need more speed and better torque uphill and was thinking of a Alltrax 400 and 200 solenoid from carts unlimited, think that will be worth to do/what gains should I see? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1922.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
bbelviso is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: XCT400 & 200 HD solenoid worth it?

Expect about 30% more power, faster acceleration, and top speed of 3-4mph more assuming good batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
bbelviso
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Expect about 30% more power, faster acceleration, and top speed of 3-4mph more assuming good batteries.
Thanks Scotty that’s what I needed to know...will be ordering that soon from you appreciate it! Also I’m pretty handy is that a pretty easy job to wire up? Thanks
Old 05-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

But, be aware, the speed will still drop some on hills (should drop less than it does now). That's a main benefit of the rxv AC system, it doesnt lose as much speed on hills as the typical DC system does.

As ScottyB said, this assumes that the condition of the batteries isnt the true bottleneck. I suggest you measure your battery pack voltage while going up that hill. If it sucks with the stock controller, an aftermarket controller cant fix that. Nothing worse than spending bucks on an upgrade & finding out that the batteries cant support it.

Think of it like this in "gas engine terms", if you added horsepower upgrades to your gas engine, but the fuel lines were too small, and the fuel pump was too weak, it wouldn't work well.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
mafialink
Getting Wild

I have an 17 txt with lithium batteries. Looking for faster speeds to. They fastest I can get it! What should I get? Top speed is 19mph today.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

What tire size? What lithiums (factory Elite setup)?

Why you no start your own thread based on your exact vehicle?
Old 05-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #7
bbelviso
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
But, be aware, the speed will still drop some on hills (should drop less than it does now). That's a main benefit of the rxv AC system, it doesnt lose as much speed on hills as the typical DC system does.

As ScottyB said, this assumes that the condition of the batteries isnt the true bottleneck. I suggest you measure your battery pack voltage while going up that hill. If it sucks with the stock controller, an aftermarket controller cant fix that. Nothing worse than spending bucks on an upgrade & finding out that the batteries cant support it.

Think of it like this in "gas engine terms", if you added horsepower upgrades to your gas engine, but the fuel lines were too small, and the fuel pump was too weak, it wouldn't work well.
Ok, will do that first...I appreciate the help...my buddy has brand new batteries and his kinda sucks up the same hill...he also paid wayyy more for his and I really need to beat him...he’s currently leaving me in the dust laughing the whole time
Old 05-14-2020, 07:40 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Beating him up the hill is probably not in the cards (not on a budget, anyway)..... sorry, that's one very strong capability of an rxv. You picked a very capable opponent to pick on.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #9
mafialink
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What tire size? What lithiums (factory Elite setup)?

Why you no start your own thread based on your exact vehicle?
23x10x14 4-ply Sahara Classic A/T Offroad
6 inch lift kit
Yes factory elite. Samsung SDI batteries

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:35 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbelviso View Post
Hi all,

I just bought a used 18 TXT 48V (picture attached)...its a beauty, stock motor, controller from what I can see...

1. it goes 21 mph (which is pretty good from what I read here),

2. kind of a dog uphill...also i'm getting beat by my buddies 6 seater RXV (stock from what we know).

3. I want/need more speed and better torque uphill and was thinking of a Alltrax 400 and 200 solenoid from carts unlimited, think that will be worth to do/what gains should I see? Thanks in advance.
1. Your cart has oversized tires, my guess based in a top speed of 21MPH vs stock 19MPH it the tires are 20" tall. If they are the low pressure type, they might be a bit taller and are slower due to more torque being needed to turn soft tires with aggressive tread.

2. Tall tires + speed gain and torque loss. Torque loss means the cart slows more on hills.

3. IN the freedom mode, the stock TXT-48 controller limits the motor to about 4400RPM. The motor RPM limit in the XCT48400-TXT48 is user adjustable anywhere up to 8000RPM and unfettered, the stock TXT-48 motor will spin up to about 5600RPM from a 48V battery pack, which is roughly 24MPH on stock height tires, so it might be a bit faster on your oversized tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO