lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 06:28 PM   #11
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo disaster

It is a par car motor I did have it tested. Like I said it works with no torque. as soon as I hook a negative lead from the battery pack to a2 it runs good. Attached is a diagram of the schematic I an using
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16104939893423979204456838798269.jpg (177.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210111_163707.jpg (157.7 KB, 0 views)
woodsi001@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2021, 07:05 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Okay, here's that schematic in digital form.

If it runs when you connect B- to A2 then M- (labeled M1 on schematic) isn't connected to C on F/R switch or F/R switch's moveable contacts are not make contact with the stationary contacts.

When you connect B- to A2 you completely bypass the controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:13 PM   #13
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

So you are thinking the forward reverse switch is bad also? I know it is new but I guess I should recheck it. Any good way to check it inside the cart?
Old 01-13-2021, 03:06 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The speed control "Valve" is located between the controller's B- and M- (labeled M1 on schematic) terminals.

B+ is connected to A1 on the motor and A2 is connected to B- via the stator windings and through two separate sets of F/R switch contacts. Either the cable between M1 on the controller and terminal C on the F/R switch is bad, or one or both of the F/R switch contact sets is bad.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:01 PM   #15
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I have a2 hooked to a2 on the controller and my A terminal to f/r switch. I think I am missing ground somewhere. I pulled the f/r switch and cleaned all contacts and even put a known good one in and the same thing is happening. I ohmed out the wire from m- terminal and it's good. Any other ideas?
Old 01-13-2021, 05:25 PM   #16
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Ezgo disaster

I have a2 hooked to a2 on the controller and my A terminal to f/r switch. I think I am missing ground somewhere. I pulled the f/r switch and cleaned all contacts and even put a known good one in and the same thing is happening. I ohmed out the wire from m- terminal and it's good. Any other ideas?
Old 01-13-2021, 06:05 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Connect your DVM between the controller's B- and M- terminals.

When the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, you should read full battery pack voltage (38.2V if fully charged).

If you don't get that, use the test lead on the M- terminal to go searching for it.

The voltage path from M- back to B+ is highlighted on the schematic I posted above.

M- to C to B to S1 to S2 to D to A to A2 to A1 to B+.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:27 PM   #18
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

What do I do if i have full voltage from B- and M- when the pedal is pushed just far enough to click? I do not know for sure, but I think I did test that according to the curtis manual.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsi001@yahoo.com View Post
What do I do if i have full voltage from B- and M- when the pedal is pushed just far enough to click? I do not know for sure, but I think I did test that according to the curtis manual.
If you get full pack voltage, press pedal slowly to floor and the voltage should smoothly decease to Zero Volts, or very close to it. (The typical voltage drop across the MOSFETs is under 0.5V/100A)

If it doesn't decrease, then the controller or the throttle input to controller is likely to be bad.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #20
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Ok. So I tested again. I get battery voltage when pedal is depressed and just clicks and decreases to close to 0 at full throttle. I retested the pot box and it is in range from 4.3 ohms to 4.72 k ohms. I am guessing the controller is bad. Tested it from the curtis manual and it tested good. Still confused. Any other ideas? I have bypassed the micro switches except the one on the pot box that shouldn't have anything to do with it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO