lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
mt.davis
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2002 36v TXT rear sits higher after installing 6" drop axle w/ HD springs

I picked up a 36v 2002 EZGO TXT of FB Marketplace for $800 and although seller said it's good to go, I fully expected to replace the three 12v batteries. Within three days I installed six new 6v batteries, 6" drop axle lift, 23" tires on 14" wheels, four new shocks, HD leaf springs in the rear, and gave it a fresh matte black rattle can paint job for starters.

The new leaf springs only have 1 additional leaf versus the original but the rear sits noticeably higher (see roof line in attached photo). Most would say, that's great so when the back is loaded down, it'll be evened out; however, even when loaded down it doesn't sag much nor levels out.

I believe the additional height in the rear is caused by the leaf springs? The lift didn't come with any instructions; any suggestions to level it out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6958.jpg (211.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 63175188540__DC00AC18-764B-452E-BDC6-4FE8B65FCDAF.fullsizerender.jpg (216.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 63260380925__6849016C-884B-46C8-A89C-B549FB4D2B62.jpg (237.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7067.jpg (222.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7068.jpg (226.8 KB, 0 views)
mt.davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
Ductapefix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 36v TXT rear sits higher after installing 6" drop axle w/ HD springs

I think I picked up about 2" in height in the rear when I put my HD leaf springs on (2010 TXT) last Saturday. My old springs were sitting almost flat with the cart's weight with the back seat on them. The new ones flex a little but they are a long way from flat and are much firmer when anyone climbs aboard. They barely move down.
Ductapefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
coosa
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2002 36v TXT rear sits higher after installing 6" drop axle w/ HD springs

The one sure thing that will level it is time. I put HD springs on my 2002 just over a year ago and it was noticably higher, but my springs were in really bad shape. I didn't care that it was higher, but the ride was much worse with the new springs.

A year later it sits lower and rides much better. I would drive yours and be happy with it. If you do something to make it perfectly level now, it might be sagging after some time goes by. You have a nice looking cart and you did it the right way by buying an old stock cart and fixing it up yourself.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
greg9719
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

From the pics it looks like you went with new shocks too. I recently put a similar drop axle lift with the same rear spacer setup as you and new shocks. Mine already had hd springs. Mine now sits higher in the rear than before. I’d bet dollars to donuts it’s a combo of the new shocks and/or the axle spacers. I’d venture to say it will settle with use.
greg9719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO