lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2021, 03:53 PM   #1
srmoore041109
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2021 Lifted Ez-Go TXT

I recently lifted my 21 TXT. I did a 6inch drop spindle with 23x10x14 tires. It is a 48v system. Since the lift I barley get any time out of a charge. I have the allied lithium 4 battery setup on order, but they have been extra delayed. Would I get better performance by doing the navitas controller/motor upgrade, or just wait on the new batteries.

TIA
srmoore041109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2021 Lifted Ez-Go TXT

I love my lithium batteries. Now, yes, an AC system will be more efficient than a DC Sepex system but likely your issue is battery related. So putting a new A/C system on bad batteries won't get you where you want to go.

Just to be sure, what is the V of your battery bank and each individual battery? Ideally this should be 12 hours after removing from the charger without using the cart.

Could be that your batteries are done. Could be that your batteries are fine and the charger is just not charging them fully anymore.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #3
GNCCBUGGY
Not Yet Wild

Your batteries are going dead because you are driving it around. Just park it and leave it hooked up to a charger with a tender. Otherwise your batteries will keep dying.
GNCCBUGGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 06:35 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Another option is since you lifted the cart the brake cables may not be long enough... If they are pulling on the brakes that would create constant drag and dramatically reduce your range.

Put the Run/Tow switch in Tow and push the cart on a flat, level surface. It should roll pretty easily. I bet you'll find that it takes some pretty good grunt to move and your brakes are dragging.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:25 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCCBUGGY View Post
Your batteries are going dead because you are driving it around. Just park it and leave it hooked up to a charger with a tender. Otherwise your batteries will keep dying.
Sooo, what's the point of having a golf cart if you can't drive it?
I don't understand what you are suggesting, all batteries will discharge as they are being used.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:15 AM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I don't understand what you are suggesting, all batteries will discharge as they are being used.
I think GNC was trying to be funny.

I thought about it again this weekend and I'd be willing to bet the OPs brakes are dragging now that he's put in a lift. Dragging brakes will absolutely kill top speed, acceleration and range.

When you install a lift once you get to 5 or 6 inches of lift (can't remember which) then many times you'll need to add the brake cable extenders. You can purchase them separately all over the place. I think they were $30 or $40 a pair??? Been too long so I dont remember the price, but they weren't bad.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:17 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Plus if you went from 18 inch tires to 23 inch, you will notice what you have mentioned plus less torque, probably less speed due to lack of torque to get you there and very poor acceleration.

If you have not upgraded the controller, cables size and some other essentials, then you will be holding back available amps from the battery pack.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO