lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2021, 10:21 AM   #1
Cdg152
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Navitas 600 or Bob Boyce programmed Curtis Controller

I have a 2014 RVX and assume it has the smaller Curtis controller. It currently runs around 25mph with 23" tires on a 14" rims. I am looking to get closer to 30mph on top end, however, I do occasionally pull a trailer around the yard and neighborhood requiring a little torque. I do understand the more you have of one the less you have of the other. I like the ease of adjustability the Navitas 600 seems to have, but saw that the Curtis controller can be programmed by a person like Bob to out perform the Navitas controller all around. Any thoughts or suggestions on how best to proceed. Thank you
Cdg152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2021, 11:13 AM   #2
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas 600 or Bob Boyce programmed Curtis Controller

The RXV controller is 235Amps max. What is the Navitas?
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:21 AM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

600Amp navitas, well that is totally overpowered compared to the curtis. Depends what you are trying to do I guess. 30mph pulling a trailer? Navitas will probably have enough power to do that and overheat the motor in the meantime. Not sure what bob charges but I imagine a new controller costs more.
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The 235 Curtis is measured per phase so substantially more power than you think when tuned. That said it doesn’t behave well with tires over 21”s so if you have 23”s pretty sure Bob won’t tune it unless you upgrade to the 350 amp Curtis.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #5
Cdg152
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't run 30mph pulling a trailer. That speed would be reserved for passing my buddy on straightaways and waiving as I go by:) I still need a little torque for pulling a 10x6 trailer around traveling at slower speeds.
Cdg152 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bob boyce
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO