lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2021, 09:10 PM   #1
bwall76
Not Yet Wild

Default Is Dc-Dc converter a voltage reducer for usb install

I’m trying to figure out how to wire up a 12v USB adapter I picked up on amazon. I’m not sure if I have a voltage reducer. I have a dc-Dc converter. I thought it was a reducer and maybe it is. I have headlights and tail lights installed, but that is the only extra electronic parts installed I’m away of.

I have a 2008 48v (4battery) RXV cart. I’ve added wheels, tires and a mask ax 300 rear seat and rigged a bag holder off the back.

I do not know much about wiring. I just want to add the USB adapter. I’ve determined a voltage reducer is required and thought the black converter was on. It being named a converter has thrown my thought process off.

I have a - sure power 41020C00UL and will attach a pic. I’ve watch plenty of reducer install videos. Maybe I still need to add a reducer, but figured the black converter was one until I found the details on the side of it.

Can I hook the usb to this converter? Do I need a reducer?

I have the usb mounted and the red and black wires run to under the seat.

Thanks in advance for any help
Bob
bwall76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2021, 09:46 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Is Dc-Dc converter a voltage reducer for usb install

A voltage reducer is a DC to DC converter that converts your battery voltage (48V) to something else - like 12V. If that's the rating on the box in picture 1 then you can hook your 12V to 5V USB adapter to the 12V output that also goes to your 12V accessories like lights, horn, etc.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO