lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
baymee
Not Yet Wild

Default My 1992 Marathon battery life seems short

I was watching the factory charger finish up the charge and didn't want to wait till the end. It was at 45.7V and 2 Amps of charge on the meter. When I unplugged, the VM showed 41.8V. I drove it a very short distance to the garage and did a hydrometer test on each cell of the 6 pack. 5 batteries measured 12.65v and one measured 12.85v.

The batteries are quality Deka from June 2020, new #4 wire is used throughout the entire system and all copper lugs are heavy copper. I fabricated all the wiring/connectors and crimped them with a professional tool. We have been charging after every use. There is no sulfation seen and the water level has never exposed the plates of these "golf cart" labeled batteries. All connections are corrosion free, clean and tight.

What could be the problem? Sometimes you step on the pedal and it won't move. I hear the relay click under the seat but no movement and the battery voltage isn't too low. It works well after a charge until the next event. I have the service manual and did the tests and they seem to show good.

Is it my speed control? The F/R switch is fairly new. The rest is from 1992.

Thanks for any tips.
baymee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
baymee
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My 1992 Marathon battery life seems short

Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211003_163317.jpg (519.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-04-2021, 05:38 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There must be something wrong with your meter, the voltages you've mentioned are good for a 12v battery, but much too high for a 6v
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:50 AM   #4
baymee
Not Yet Wild

Good observation OJO. I meant to post hydrometer results. I rewrote the thread and posted anew. Thanks.

Tags
marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO