lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2022, 12:00 AM   #1
Headingout
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I can use your help

I’m helping a friend, he has a 42 volt, 2001 western. He took the cart into a local cart shop as there was a problem with the F/R switch. When he got the cart back the F/R switch would be hot to the touch. The shop replaced it with another and replaced the controller with a rebuilt one, but when he got it back the reverse alarm would be on whether it was in forward or reverse. That’s when he asked me if I would look at it. I fixed the F/R switch and it look and functioned great but the cart would only run at barely 1/2 speed. I have replaced the controller with a new Curtis 1205-210 500amp controller, a new solenoid as the one in the cart had melted on the controller side and a new ITS sensor. After all this the cart still only runs alittle over 1/2 speed. What am I missing? I would really appreciate any input, thank you.
Headingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2022, 09:12 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: I can use your help

You might have reverse and forward swapped. Many controllers only run at half speed in reverse.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 12:00 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is also possible that the reverse F&R microswitch is sending (+) power to the controller's reverse trigger wire constantly. Or the reverse wire is on the forward ms. (this ms is active in both directions) This wire may be an orange wire at the F&R - If an orange wire is present at the F&R disconnect it and see if the cart resumes full speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:09 PM   #4
Headingout
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you both for your help!! All the wires were marked form when the shop had it apart, it was my fault for not checking the wires myself, I found the problem and it’s fixed. Thank you again! That’s what I love about this forum!!
Headingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #5
scraig314
Not Yet Wild

Just hopping on this thread if it’s alright… I have a forward reverse switch question. I see they have heavy duty versions online, but all of them mount in front of the controller on the passenger side and have a linkage arm between them. My 1996 has a F/R switch in the center as pictured. Is this cart a candidate for a heavy duty switch or does his setup not require that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62AA95DA-18FE-417A-9D30-6CAE2FF7E34F.jpg (91.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 08E881B8-0532-4408-89AF-A78C67B2F08F.jpg (202.4 KB, 0 views)
scraig314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:52 AM   #6
scraig314
Not Yet Wild

Just hopping on this thread if it’s alright… I have a forward reverse switch question. I see they have heavy duty versions online, but all of them mount in front of the controller on the passenger side and have a linkage arm between them. My 1996 has a F/R switch in the center as pictured. Is this cart a candidate for a heavy duty switch or does his setup not require that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48400D4C-DCD4-40D8-A0C1-12C49CA0970A.jpg (91.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6D0A88F1-720F-49B7-BBDF-7FD57A215ADC.jpg (202.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-10-2022, 12:11 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraig314 View Post
Your cart has a DCS drive system and forward/reverse switching is done inside the controller instead of externally as it is done in series drives.

The microswitches activated by the hockey puck tell the controller to go forward or backwards.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:03 PM   #8
scraig314
Not Yet Wild

Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO