lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2022, 07:25 AM   #31
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 pre-mci upper engine noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
That's why I drink Vodka. But if you are used to American beers, you obviously can't take the real stuff.
You have to agree with me because I am usually right 😆
I hate to say it CP but he usually is. He got me enrolled in wire nut anonymous
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2022, 07:37 AM   #32
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

Just ordered a set of rods, 100 bucks. My last gasket set came with 2 head gaskets, guessing for a 350 as well but they look the same. Can I use the extra one I got already? Little extra tab that will stick outside the head, no biggie. Unless they are different thickness, I'll mic the one that came out.
Romartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:48 AM   #33
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I use whichever ones I have. Should be same thickness anyway, just the piston holes are slightly different diameters. How do you think I fit 295 heads on 350 engines 😆

Plus I have been known to re use them if the rebuilt engine needs tearing down again after rebuild for any reason. I just warm them in the oven first.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:14 AM   #34
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

I miced them, same thickness. Piston holes probably are different but not enough to make a difference I don't think. Better then buying a $20 gasket when I have this one. As far as reuse, I'll have to pass, but probably would just fine buts it's already crushed, I use copper coat on all my metal gaskets anyways. I can't think how putting them in the oven would be beneficial, explain that please....
Old 10-01-2022, 08:53 PM   #35
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

When you compress a non ferrous metal it becomes harder. Heating to a certain temperature will soften it.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #36
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

Gotcha....
Old 10-09-2022, 05:36 PM   #37
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

Cart master, I looked at the head gaskets and there is a noticeable difference in hole diameter, are you certain I can use the 350 gasket on a 395 without any issues? I'm guessing the cc of the head may be slightly increased because the gasket will set a bit farther back but I'm sure there isn't any noticeable effects....
Old 10-10-2022, 10:16 AM   #38
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romartin1 View Post
Cart master, I looked at the head gaskets and there is a noticeable difference in hole diameter, are you certain I can use the 350 gasket on a 395 without any issues? I'm guessing the cc of the head may be slightly increased because the gasket will set a bit farther back but I'm sure there isn't any noticeable effects....
The bore difference between a 295 and 350 should be about 2-3 mm depending on if they've been overbored etc. I would not think that amount of head gasket ring difference would cause any noticable difference in performance, not much cc volume there, plus that area gets squished making it even smaller.

With that said, when it comes to engine parts, I usually don't compromise and I use the correct parts. Only want to do the rebuilt once. What do the correct head gaskets cost? $50? To me, not worth the risk.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #39
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

Slonomo, I agree, I ordered a 295 gasket, it was 20 bucks, free shipping.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:29 PM   #40
Romartin1
Not Yet Wild

Update, got new crank and rods, Assy nice and tight, rehone bore and reassemble engine, fire it up and yes, same f#$&in noise...rattley noise. Did find cam and journal in head worn past limit, I can click the cam back and forth slightly with a prybar while in the head. Maybe this is the source of the noise. I'm at the point of no return. I'm thinking the bottom end was so sloppy the head was low on oil pressure and wiped out the cam and journal. I just want a cart that don't sound like a *** diesel!! Anyone have a COMPLETE head that's in good shape?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO