lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #21
jerryfish77
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 G9 build.

Yeah thats pretty much it.
jerryfish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #22
jerryfish77
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Small update, haven't gotten to do much on the cart due to real world getting in the way lol. We took the front and rear body panels off and started sanding them for paint. Tomorrow we should get the primer on the front and get the new head lights mounted.

Was having an issue with the belt slipping, found out what the problem was. The snap ring groove on the driven clutch shaft was wore out, thus letting the spring all the way out and not letting it get all the way compressed. We managed to fix that problem and let me tell you it slips no more, we were hill climbing and doing wheelies today. ( wheelies were with 2 guys on back) but nonetheless it now runs sweet as new.

I'll try to get pics and maybe a small video of some hill climbs and wheelies tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #23
jerryfish77
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK some ideas we are throwing around for the cart. We are gonna try to replace the forward /reverse lever with a DC actuator to eliminate the shifting. Just use a switch. We rigged up reverse lights, and have a couple other little goodies planned for it.

Like I mentioned before we had a problem with the snap ring on the back axel, we made a nice little fix for it. I will get pics of the fix for it. If anyone has trouble with a slipping belt you might be experiencing what we were, We had a brand new belt and it was slipping, its cause the snap ring slides out of its groove, we have a fix for it if anyone is interested. Its a very effective fix also.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 AM   #24
Rollin Hard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryfish77 View Post
OK some ideas we are throwing around for the cart. We are gonna try to replace the forward /reverse lever with a DC actuator to eliminate the shifting. Just use a switch. We rigged up reverse lights, and have a couple other little goodies planned for it.

Like I mentioned before we had a problem with the snap ring on the back axel, we made a nice little fix for it. I will get pics of the fix for it. If anyone has trouble with a slipping belt you might be experiencing what we were, We had a brand new belt and it was slipping, its cause the snap ring slides out of its groove, we have a fix for it if anyone is interested. Its a very effective fix also.
hey i'd like to see some pictures and info on the fix

thanks
Rollin Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #25
jerryfish77
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

WOW!!!!!!!!!! long time since I have updated this thread. We didn't do much more to the cart since you last saw it. Money has been tight and winter just doesn't do much for our upgrading mood. But needless to say I have pics as we just installed the light kit and threw some tires we picked up for cheap. You can also see the fast paint job we threw on it.

Also, power on hills isn't the greatest, we know the ramp shoes are completely gone, question is is it possible for the ramp to be so wore out that ramp shoes can't be put on there again? Also can that ramp assembly be purchased if so where. or will the power kit from CPP take care of all the issues?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha