lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My 81 G1 has a Problem figures

Well I got up early and found a machine shop locally to do this for me. Another question please, the shop guy told me to find out the size, does this mean to tell him its a 215cc engine? And also he said it would cost if he had to bore it 60 bucks is that about the right price?
Thanks again fellows.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #12
freddmc
Gone Wild

When I had to rebuild the onan engine in my mower(I know its not a cart but same principle) I took it to a place that specializes in racing motorcycle engines. They knew exactly what to do and how to do it.
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Calvin he is probably wanting the size of the piston.
You should get the bore and taper specs from the manual and take it to him to check the cylinder unless you just want to bore it anyway.
I would hold off on the bore until you get the piston to send with it.
Still wouldn't hurt to have the piston to bore clearances and cylinder taper for him.
Also take the rings with you so they can check/grind the ring end gap.
$60.00 is in line with a single cylinder job, mostly set up time. They usually qoute per hole and would be cheaper per hole for say a V8 just due to the set up time.
Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well I appreciate everyones help on this and I have all the specs now so soon as I get it apart I will take pics and post them all on here. Dave thanks my friend for all your help also and when it comes time to start putting it back together I will contact you my friend. This is the 81 G1 I will be tearing apart.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 2.JPG (37.3 KB, 4 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha