lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Any ides from anyone on this

I think I am going to add a vent on the bag well like Ron did and add a fan on it to blow out the back and another fan on the front right about that big muffler to pull in fresh air. That way I can have a large stream of air passing right across the entire engine compartment and blow it out the back. Like sho305 said Im pulling a large mower and running at slow speed so Im going to need all the air I can get into it.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #22
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Any ides from anyone on this

The only other thing I can think of is I modded my clutch, but it is not that easy to do and G1 might be different. I took the ramps off, the helix, that hub behind the secondary. I ground the ramps down a little must have been 3/32" at most I think at end of ramp and down ramp about 1/2" the cut ended. You can't take much off or the shoe could pop right off the end on the G9, so check that. What that did is make a more shallow ramp for the first 1/4 of ramp travel or so, or sheave opening at very low speeds and stopped. What it did for the cart is when I take off on the floor it revs more and once it starts to shift it goes back to normal. I can get up to ~5+mph pulling a boat say and it will shift down to lower stock rpm. Take off empty and it shifts so fast its not much different than stock. The ramp angle determines how much engine torque keeps it from shifting, so now it does not want to shift as fast at the real slow speeds or actually the lowest 'gear.' That mod allowed me to pull a 17' 115hp outboard out of the lake back when the cart was fresh, the motor is too tired last couple years but did manage a 16'. If it would move it took off and spun the 22s a little. Anyway, if you did it in the right spot it could keep the rpm up at low speeds you mow at. I drilled my weights too didn't do much maybe a little, it just plain needs a spring in it. If you try to do it make sure you mark the ramps so they are all the same, or make a jig to check them. Then you have to sand it really smooth so it does not tear the shoes up. Of course best to take off a little and try it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha