lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default what year is my g1-no serial number

so as the title says...is there anyway to tell what year my G1? The serial number on the rear crossmember is gone (as in completely not there so dont give advice on how to look for it). any other ways to get the serial number? My main concern is i need to order a engine top end rebuild kit and the 1982 model is different. any way to make sure its NOT a '82?
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: what year is my g1-no serial number

Some pics would really help..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yep pics of the engine compartment.

I thought my S/N was gone too, it is suppose to be on the rear cross member drivers side. Found mine on the passengers side.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i will take pics and post them up tonight. I did look at the passenger side of the crossmemeber as well but not as close. I will look there again
Old 05-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuddly View Post
so as the title says...is there anyway to tell what year my G1? The serial number on the rear crossmember is gone (as in completely not there so dont give advice on how to look for it). any other ways to get the serial number? My main concern is i need to order a engine top end rebuild kit and the 1982 model is different. any way to make sure its NOT a '82?
So your saying that the frame of your cart is rusted out and there is on ser #, because it is stamped in the frame on my G1, so it cant go any where
rib33024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Another method would be the engine serial number. When these carts were built, the S/N of the frame and engine matched. This method is not foolproof. Over the years, many carts have had their engines replaced with used engines from other carts from different years. The 1982 gas G1 would have a S/N prefix of J17. Earlier models(1979-81) J10. 1983 models J24, and 1984-89 models J31. See if your engine serial number has any of these prefixes in it. That should give you a clue to what you have.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
So your saying that the frame of your cart is rusted out and there is on ser #, because it is stamped in the frame on my G1, so it cant go any where
nope not rusted out at all...just not there at all. I washed it off and looked and all that fun stuff...just nothing there
Old 05-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
rib33024

Mine is stamped in the metal like in the pic, I dont know what else to tell you, but try what GMB74 told you and see if that helps--

Old 05-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #9
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The serial number should be where rib33024's image shows it OR it might be on the passenger's side of that same frame member, OR if it is a really early one it will be stamped on the frame member where the upper ends of the rear shocks mount. Flip the body up and clean the area between the rear shock mounts. It should (might) be right on the top of that crossmember.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #10
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
The serial number should be where rib33024's image shows it OR it might be on the passenger's side of that same frame member, OR if it is a really early one it will be stamped on the frame member where the upper ends of the rear shocks mount. Flip the body up and clean the area between the rear shock mounts. It should (might) be right on the top of that crossmember.
What he said--
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha