lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
jimd
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 backfired through exhaust, now no start

About 6 months ago I replaced piston, rings, and had the cylinder bored, it was in bad shape. Cart would never start quickly if it had been running. If it was cold, it would start instantly. Idle around, let it die, and you would sit there for 3 minutes waiting to start.

The other day it started backfireing through the carb. Almost a squeak sound. Then it would not start at all.

125PSi, good spark. Cleaned carb (I figured it was flooding from a stuck float before). If I cover the intake, it will eventually lite and run for a couple of seconds. I noticed it seemes like there is NO suction. Sooo.

Seals?
jimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 backfired through exhaust, now no start

It could be seals, but it is kind of unusual to have one suddenly and completely blow out, which would be the situation you are describing. Carefully check all hoses coming from the engine, such as the fuel pump pulse line, for cracks and loose fittings. Check the intake manifold and surge box if it has one. Has your exhaust flapper come loose and slammed shut (if it has one)? Is your muffler plugged? Pop it off the manifold, check the flapper,and try to start the engine to see what happens. Let us know how you make out.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha