lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
The Good Humor Man
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default My Yamaha

Alright here is my new (used) $400 cart. It is a 93 G9AJ from what I can tell from running the serial #.
It wasn’t running, and I was told it just stopped. It was owned by a park district here in Illinois.
I played with it this morning, and found that it was not sucking in the gas, and it was pushing air out of the spark plug hole.
I removed the valve cover, found a pushrod not in place, and put it back under the rocker arm, adjusted it, and it started right up…. Not bad, now I think I got a good deal.
Here is the kid, right after we got it running. After 20 minuets, he finally stopped and told me it was my turn to try it.
Runs good with a bit of smoke, and you have to pull up the brake peddle with your foot, but in a couple hours the kid should get bored circling the house and bring it back in the garage so I can fix the brakes.
The Good Humor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Ranger1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: My Yamaha

Way to go!!!
I havn't gotten started on mine this morning. (its so hot here in Texas) but this evening after I get through with all my honey-do's I plan to!

I just have to keep reminding myself that I have to help my oldest boy finnisg the G1 for the camp!!! (kind of hard to focus on that one today)
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My Yamaha

Very cool!! My boy was the same way. Up and back down our street non stop when I dirst got it. Have fun with it.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
jake1967aa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nice find!
jake1967aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
The Good Humor Man
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I did a bit of updating. A rattle can paint job, and some graphics.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Does your son ever let you drive your cart? Nice paint job!
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
The Good Humor Man
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I just dropped him off at his mothers house, so I will get to play with it this week.
He sure gave it a work out this weekend. The only break it had was while he was painting it. I made him do most of the work, so he could learn a few things.
There are some runs, and I am not a big fan of the rattle can paint job, but the graphics take away from the paint flaws.
He (my son) let his friend drive it, and he ran it into the corner of the garage. I was in the garage, and thougt I was going to come out and see it over on top of them, but everyone, and everything was undamaged.
I guess it will be a month or so, before the newness wears off.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I saw that cart for sale I live in Peotone and was going to go look at it but had not time with the holidays now I wish I would have. Looks good with the new paint nice work.
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #9
The Good Humor Man
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am glad I got there first. I have been thinking of getting a cart for awhile, but hated to drop a bunch of money on something that I might not use that much. For the money, this was a good cart for me to jump into to get into the world of golf carting.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha