lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
GunsUp
Not Yet Wild

Default Burnt terminal on brand new battery

Hey guys need some help. I just finished installing an Alltrax controller and solenoid and 6 new 6v batteries in my 2007 PDS cart.

After installation, I have been on 8-10 short (5-10 minutes) test rides and 2 longer rides of 30-45 minutes each. I had no problems. Cart ran great. Speed and torque increased just as advertised. Thanks to everyone here for helping me with the installation.

Now, last night, after about 5-6 minutes on a simple flat ground, paved road ride, the cart just cut out. Upon inspection, the positive terminal on batt #1 was glowing bright orange and the terminal had melted completely off.

I have no clue what happen...any ideas what could cause this??

Thanks in advance for all your help!!
GunsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Burnt terminal on brand new battery

Welcome to BGW

It had to be a loose cable, and thats what happens, all the volts/amps are burning on that loose connection, and melted that post on the battery, How old are the cables?? Do you have any pics, because you may be able to fix the battery

How old are the batteries?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
GunsUp
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply. I somewhat suspected a loose connection as well, however, its all only about 2 weeks old?!?! Didn't think the nut could loosen in just two weeks.

The cables are all new as well. I replaced them with the controller and batteries, all of them except the white wire on the + of batt #1, its still original. But isn't that wire coming from the charger? It wouldn't carry voltage will driving or be the cause of a melted terminal...would it??
GunsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yep, cables can and will get loose. Especially need to be checked after being replaced.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you secure the batteries with the hold down parts?
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO