lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 90 model kf82 no power

you can very carefully try and tap rivits tighter .....i have never tried so i can,t tell you if it will work but i don,t see why it wouldn,t tighten up just be very careful....worse case is you have to yank the motor out again......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
kenr44
Not Yet Wild

I just had a thought. What is you valve tappet clearence? Did you by chance get the adjustmet pucks in the wrong place. It could be the valves(or valve) are not closing all the way.
kenr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #13
matt36567
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I measured with the pucks in place and the are the same length. have not gapped the clearances yet, will do that today. I held a flashlight in the intake port and turned the shaft and I can see the valve does fully close it starts early and it closes completely at just before piston gets to the bottom.
matt36567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
matt36567
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

just got done flaring out the rivots on the cam gear worked good! checked valve clearances(timing marks lined up, TDC compression stroke) .005 in. does anyone know if this is the right clearance could not find reference on here this engine.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt36567 View Post
just got done flaring out the rivots on the cam gear worked good! checked valve clearances(timing marks lined up, TDC compression stroke) .005 in. does anyone know if this is the right clearance could not find reference on here this engine.

.005 is correct Matt, how's she running now ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
matt36567
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

have to put it back in car but before I do that im gonna pull the flywheel and check the rev limiter. I was told the flywheel came loose after I replaced the connecting rod when my kid was driving it. just checking other posibilities before I put it back in so I dont have to pull it out again. it's pain in the a@@, and this is the 3rd time. first time I didnt even know about this sight. thank god for the internet!!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
matt36567
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

new developement! pulled the flywheel and found the key was sheered that could make the time off just enough to cause problems, i hope everything else looked good.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #18
matt36567
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

finally got in back in running good now what a difference it makes when the flywheel is lined up correctly. I want to thank everyone for their input to help resolve this issue!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your lucky I had the same problem with my cam gear being loose on my cam wasnt able to get the rivits to tighten up had to try various bolt/nut combos untill i finally got one that worked!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
Deceptive
Not Yet Wild

Hi there

I am having a problem close to what you were originally describing....

I am /was positive timing was lined up properly
I am sure the balancer is correct... as per this pic (timing Balancer)
I am also hoping I have the correct timing mark on the Cam timing picture...
I used that and I get a short puff out the intake just before the TDC and magnet/magneto pass each other for the spark. I am assuming it is something to create a vacuum or back pressure into the carb for gas intake, but unsure. I did measure the cylinder pressure and was just over 100 so it would fall just into spec..

There also is another mark on the camshaft in the second cam picture (outer) where the two wholes align and the inner whole seems to have a dimple in it.

Can anyone shed some light on this... I have ripped the engine apart 5 times already and and at whits end... Checked valves , clearances, tappets, lifters ... All are correct and the same size when measured..

Engine cranks fine, but seems to flood as dumps gas into the exhaust , but I am not sure if it is because it inst firing..... spark is good , and an occasional fire that stops the ccw rotation of the engine??

HELP.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Timing Blancer.jpg (90.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Timing Cam Outer.jpg (190.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Timing Cam.jpg (183.5 KB, 0 views)
Deceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car