lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Pattyb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Clutch work CC ds 01

wondering how to adjust the primary clutch without sending it out to be machined, wonderin for stk set up where is the belt supose to ride before engagement, will a certain snowmobile cluth puller wrk? There a better belt than another for more speed to the ground???
Pattyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutch work CC ds 01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb View Post
wondering how to adjust the primary clutch without sending it out to be machined, wonderin for stk set up where is the belt supose to ride before engagement, will a certain snowmobile cluth puller wrk? There a better belt than another for more speed to the ground???
Some interesting questions right off the bat there; I assume that the halluciogenic mushrooms have bloomed in your part of the world ? Have you tried the "search" function ? Or the OED ?
FFS,

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Some interesting questions right off the bat there; I assume that the halluciogenic mushrooms have bloomed in your part of the world ? Have you tried the "search" function ? Or the OED ?
FFS,

Chris.
LOOKS LIKE JIBBERISH TO ME!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Pattyb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mushroom bloomed, i will try and do a search, just thought there might be some kinda interchange between some sled clutchin and buggie clutchin,, i really should just go check it out myself,,but it is the wifes and i gotta do repairs and upgrades quick!!!!
Pattyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

patty sorry if we were rude or short with you, we get a little carrried away at times! as far as belts and clutches and any who, most will have there clutches sent to tom at ccp(site sponsor) and he will expertly machine your clutch, put in a power spring and he also can advice you on a belt. i know of 2 belts that cc runs. the carrryalls use a smaller belt if i remeber correctly for torque, and little bit of power. the ds uses a longer belt for speed. i have been told only like a 1/4 to 1/2 in diffence. you want your belt to ride as far up on the pulley as you can a new belt will almost "push" out the clutch. a worn out belt will sit in the pulley, not fully opening it.
tom is carrieing some new belts. they are super duper tough kelvlar impregnated honker ribbed for better flexibility and cooling effects for the belts.
clucb car you will need a cluctch tool to remove the clutch on the engine. the clutch on the trans should slide off. but might get seized on the shaft and need gentle pershation. it is on a keyed shaft, and the engine has a tapered shaft.
there are countless postings on her of people making there own pullers, damageing the engine with homade pullers. but my call was to buy the tool from my dealer or at a site sponsor. it basicly a 8 in push rod attached to a 2 inch bolt.
oh in case you havent already noticed, the clucthes are cast aluiniun. very brittle and does not take hammer blows very good.
hope this helps you out.

Last edited by ckiguy; 06-21-2011 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: um spelling! duh!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car