lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 93 Gas Club Car no spark

This cart has been haunting me for 2 weeks now. I have very weak spark. I cont. tested every single wire i could find and replaced rpm limiters and ignition coils out the wazoo and still have no spark. I also replaced the screw on spark plug connector on the end of the spark plug wire coming from the coil. what are the chances that the magnet is too weak to produce a strong spark? i even went to the trouble of pulling an identical running cart apart and used its parts to test with to help eliminate the possibility of a bad new part. all has failed with the same result.... weak spark, no spark with a spark plug. with the ignition coil disconnected from any source of grounding i cranked the engine and the weak spark i get comes from the end of the bare spark plug wire to the frame. this result was the same with all the ignition coils that i mounted. again all the wires coming from the microswitches, rpm limiter, coil, etc have no premature grounds. the electrical system is functioning properly. im thinking its the magnet on the flywheel... i should add that the cart was running fine, with the exception of a bad rpm limiter when i unloaded it off my trailer. i didnt touch it until today. any thoughts?
itstheburns327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
andys52
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 Gas Club Car no spark

Have you checked the ignitor?????The rpm limiter is on top of it. It should be right behind it,,about 1 inch square.........
andys52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
andys52
Not Yet Wild

Cart cannot run without ignitor.......wiggle wires going to it while trying to crank it...It might fire...no way to check it,,have to replace it
andys52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

sob i didnt even see that little silver box in there. for the life of me i couldnt figure out where the spade connector went, i figured it was just for other carts that had other ignition parts. the wire must of come loose before i got my hands under there. so the rpm limiter is the big black box and the igniter is the little silver box that u need to be a microscope to see? would that also cause the engine to stop running when it gets hot? i replaced the ignition coil thinking that was the main cause not thinking these carts had igniter boxes. i thought that the black box was the cdi box.
itstheburns327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yep the ignitor will fail when it gets hot..............since you did the limitor and coil replace the ignitor that should cure you .................same the old coil and limitor if it works with new ignitor chances are they are still good................theres no way to bench test it other than a new one......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car