lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
omarswelding
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 gas club car

gas powered club car motor starts but wont go in forward or reverse i tried putting it in gear and rocking it back and forth and i didn't do anything it just rolls, this is my first golf kart repair any help would be appreciated, and information on where i can buy parts.
omarswelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 gas club car

I would check the simple things first , check belt , check the linkage on the axle to see if it is connected or moving to the forward or reverse position . has the cart been running correct earlier and just started this problem? the more info the better to help diagnose the problem
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
wooly15
Gone Wild

First off, while shifting, look at the lever on top of the transaxle where the cable attaches and make sure it's moving as well. Make sure it's moving left and right to it's full range. If, so, sounds like something in the rear end is stripped or not engaging. Click the site sponsors link at the top...you'll find a bunch of places that can help you out with parts.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
omarswelding
Not Yet Wild

sorry for not adding all the details, both clutches seem to be working, cable seems to be working to, just wont move is there fluid that could be low?
Old 09-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=omarswelding;626899]sorry for not adding all the details, both clutches seem to be working, cable seems to be working to, just wont move is there fluid that could be low?[/QUOTE]
No, fluid is not your issue. You say the clutches are operating OK ? What is your basis for this statement ? The engine is starting but the cart won't move ?
Sounds more like an ignition / no start to me.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
omarswelding
Not Yet Wild

[quote=invalidsession;626942]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarswelding View Post
sorry for not adding all the details, both clutches seem to be working, cable seems to be working to, just wont move is there fluid that could be low?[/QUOTE]
No, fluid is not your issue. You say the clutches are operating OK ? What is your basis for this statement ? The engine is starting but the cart won't move ?
Sounds more like an ignition / no start to me.

Chris.
chris: the car starts find but when you press the gas it just wont move, it shifts freely from forward to reverse just will not move.. i'm saying the clutch is working right because the front one is tightening up when the motor is reved, and the rear is opening its just not moving like its not going into gear
Old 09-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

did you check the fwd/rev cable to see if it is moving the linkage on the rear end? next are you cranking the engine in gear ?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
omarswelding
Not Yet Wild

chris: the car starts find but when you press the gas it just wont move, it shifts freely from forward to reverse just will not move.. i'm saying the clutch is working right because the front one is tightening up when the motor is reved, and the rear is opening its just not moving like its not going into gear
Old 09-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

bump
Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure the shift lever on the trans isn't spinning on the shaft that enters the transmission. Not 100% sure what a 94 looks like, but on the older ones there appears to be a key and bolt/screw holding the 2 together.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car