lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Bad Solenoid?

Gentlemen, I am hoping to get some advice on a standard '92 CC that I am helping a friend get running. The cart ran great all summer but it quit firing up over Labor Day. Here are the symptoms:

When you press on the gas you hear a microswitch click but the engine won't turn over. When I jump the solenoid the engine DOES turn over. After doing a forum search it looks as though the solenoid might need replaced which is easy enough to do.

Now, here is my conundrum....I live about 100 miles from the cart so it's tough to trial and error things. Certainly, I am going to order a new solenoid. Is there anything else I should consider ordering should the problem not be the solenoid? I am only going to have one shot to get this fixed next weekend and I will not be able get parts on short notice. I am trying to be proactive in that if I replace the solenoid and that ends up not being the problem I want to be prepared for what else it could be, even if that means I get some parts I might not actually need.

Thanks in advance.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Bad Solenoid?

i would suggest grabbing a microswitch and a 10 amp fuse..........if your jumping the solenoid and its turning over other than maybe a bad wire going to it you should be fine......maybe take some 14 gage wire and tape also....the microswitch is in the black box where solenoid is mounted........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Solenoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i would suggest grabbing a microswitch and a 10 amp fuse..........if your jumping the solenoid and its turning over other than maybe a bad wire going to it you should be fine......maybe take some 14 gage wire and tape also....the microswitch is in the black box where solenoid is mounted........................
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car